• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Jerr454

Steelhead regulations for current river and the mouth

Jerr454

Does anyone have any regulations regarding the current river above and below the dam. Slot sizes? 

Google search "ontario fishing regulations" . Learn what zone you are in and learn how to read the regulations. Very important skill. Same question asked every year for an easily accessible piece of information.

Has me thinking, when you take the hunters ed course not only did you learn safety, they taught you how to read the regulations. Maybe once you go for your first fishing licence after 16 you should have to do a 10 question "know your regs" kind of test. I dont even know if people getting their first licence are made aware of the regs or how to find them.

Bobber Down

I think you can keep 1. Current River below the railway tracks is zone 9 Above zone 6 More info here for both zones. https://www.ontario.ca/page/fisheries-management-zone-9-fmz-9

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Fenwickorbust

2112, wow just wow. Someone comes here for some clarifying and you show just how high and mighty you are. Congrats you surely seem like an outstanding human being.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fenwickorbust said:

2112, wow just wow. Someone comes here for some clarifying and you show just how high and mighty you are. Congrats you surely seem like an outstanding human being.

Actually that wasn't what I was doing at all. I literally told him how to do it. If a CO comes and asks he needs to know how to read it. Everyone does. Its a major problem with the system. Fact is everyone should know how to read it and i think it should a mandatory skill. Or you could look at it like I'm a jerk... Look up how much help ive gladly doled out on this board... 

• Like 2

For the record.. From the hand of god.. But please please please take a look at the regulations and understand how to read them

Screenshot_2019-04-15-21-39-42.png

Screenshot_2019-04-15-21-53-42.png

• Like 1

CountDupu
21 minutes ago, 2112 said:

For the record.. From the hand of god.. But please please please take a look at the regulations and understand how to read them

Screenshot_2019-04-15-21-39-42.png

Screenshot_2019-04-15-21-53-42.png

This would have been much easier than chirping on people about not knowing how to read regs, it was a fairly easy question to answer so why sit there on your high horse and chirp him for trying to get this info? Sorry you did come off sounding like a jerk.....

• Confused 1

Well coming off like a jerk wasn't my intention.. I still don't see it... Told him how to do it... Tried to get some conversation about ways to spread the word on regulation awareness and availability... People read a "to the point answer" like your being a jerk I guess. For the record it was a pleasant and constructive tone in my head when i wrote my initial response. Ah well.

• Like 3

mad scientist
12 hours ago, Bobber Down said:

I think you can keep 1. Current River below the railway tracks is zone 9 Above zone 6 More info here for both zones. https://www.ontario.ca/page/fisheries-management-zone-9-fmz-9

Just to clarify...the boundary between FMZ 6 and FMZ 9 on the Current River is the bridge on Shipyard Road, not the railway...

image.png.cf504e4929be52f2ebaca5526195fa2d.png

I'm going out to fish. - John 21:3