• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Big Moose

A couple of of deer pics.

Guest Wes

I have done the same thing. Taken my niece and nephews out to see the deer. I wasn't able to get them to the window as the kids were moving around too much but they did come close to get my carrot that I tossed to them. The kids think it is funny watching the fawn try and eat a big carrot.

Nothing wrong with that, on the mission. I wouldn't do it in the wild.

Guest fishinbuddy

Hey Moose. Next time wear a helmet cam and show os your ball peen hammer trick. Im sure that will make for a very interesting thread.

Fishinbuddy

Guest TerryK

:blink::blink::blink:

For what it's worth, I've seen guys roll up to the Mission marsh with a pickup full of apples and shovel about 500 lbs of them on the ground for the deer. There are many people who buy 100lb bags of deer feed and dump it out there which is why there are so many. I see no problem with feeding these particular deer. They would have little fear of man even if they weren't being fed. They are born into a world where people and traffic are part of their surroundings. They know no different.

Just my opinion.

wampa

Nice buck! ;)

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

Guest Big Moose

Lots of pics like that but not enough space to post them.I've also got quite a few of one losing his rack..

Guest Wes

Has anyone seen limpy lately? Limpy is a small buck with an injury to a hind right leg. He was carrying it off the ground while mobile. Not sure how he was hurt. I can guess either a vehicle or fence. I wonder if he could survive with that type of injury.

Guest Big Moose

Haven't seen that one but I did see one with it's front leg all curled up looked like a birth defect to me...

Guest canuck

Sounds like it is time for the City and the MNR to look at thinning out the herds to stop defects and causing any further problems with vehicle/deer incounters.

Guest Dan

Nice Deer photos Moose. I love going to the island with my camera. Not only for the of Deer, but I also enjoying photographing Leopard Frogs, which are increasing more difficult to find these days.

I had to back up to get all of this guy in the frame.

IPB Image

And I had to get really close to get this guy in the frame.

IPB Image

Guest fishinbuddy

I have never been to Mission Island before but I think my next trip to the city I will go there with my wife. Just to show her the animals. I think she will go nuts with the camera and want to make it a place to visist every trip.

Fishinbuddy

Gone8to1248

Nice pictures guy's. I wish I could figure out how to post some of the ones I have taken at my home and up in Canada. I enjoy have flocks of Wild Turkeys and herds of deer in my yard. In the spring and early summer I have families of Fox that put thier dens in my yard for thier young because they know the're safe here. I have pictures of lines of Raccoons that come right in the house and go to thier feed bowls and eat at night and then go back outside afterwards. I have video clips of me sitting there watching TV and the racoons walking right and up to me and taking cookies out of myhand and then taking it outside to eat them. I've got video movies of the Bears from up there and me in the picture. One film I'm actually surrounded by 5 BIG bears just west of Thunder Bay. And do I feed them? You bet I do! And they will come right up to me and sit there while I put out thier feed dish's and when I back away they walk up and eat and then walk away. Foolish? Maybe. Fun and interesting? YES! Do I expect YOU to do it? NO! It's something I enjoy and I don't fear them and I don't want them to fear me. We all have to live together. Now if I saw Big Foot, what would I do? Probrably go home and put on a clean pair of shorts and then grab the camera and go get some pictures and figure out how to inter-mingle with it! LOL If someone would like to post some pictures for me I would be happy to send them to you. I would even send ssome of my wall of fame as my friends call it. It's some of the animals I have bagged over the years when I hunted. Turkeys,Bears,wolves fully mounted plus Caribou, deer bucks with some nice racks. many places have petting zoo's for kids where they can actually walk around with the animals and pet and feed them. It is a good trainning and learnning experience for kids in my mind.

Bernie

Cheech

There was a buck with a broken leg the last two years. I haven't been there ( even though I'm walking distance from the island)to see if he's still around.Here's his pic plus a few others.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Phil

Very nice pictures, I agree with Big Moose. Whats the big deal with posting pictures of the beauty of nature and that regardless of where it is,we are so lucky to see. I understand that it is not like being way back in the bush from any human contact but the city of Thunder Bay is an unbelievable place of beauty and one who argues any picture it (regardless of it's location ) should be ashamed. PHIL

crisop

in your back yard huh BLR. nice job i know where i'm hunting next yr

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Guest Big Moose

Crisop you may have to. From the sounds of your harvest this year theres not much left where you were.....J/K

Cheech

Where did you get those decoys BLR ? They are so lifelike. :lol: Nice picture.