• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TinWoodsman

Vintage outboard parts locally?

TinWoodsman

Currently working on a 53 OMC Evinrude 15hp Fastwin, got it on the cheap with a seized up powerhead. 

Was able to free the pistons eventually but the old rings are toast, cleaned up the cylinders and it will work in standard size after removing the carbon and honing off the glaze

Converting the reed plate to output a pulse vacuum to run a diaphragm pump so I don't have to use a pressure tank for fuel.

Needing a head gasket for the unit, piston rings which might leave me using NOS if I can't find aftermarket locally through Brp/Sierra etc. Was able to get coils from Roys but doubt I'll have a part number that'll work with his parts supplier but who knows. I might get lucky if the thickness and depth of the 93+ 15hp johnson rings are the same as those are cheap as chips will have to get a set and measure though. Would need three sets since the old Fastwins had 3 per piston and the 93+ are 2 only.

Adrian

Talk to Rob Eady at Cherob Resort in Ear Falls 807-222-3815...He was an OMC dealer for years and is an avid outboard collector and a wealth of knowledge on them