• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Thefishleclair

Hows the season been so far?

Thefishleclair

Ive been out for Pike and brookies so far. Did great on pike and pretty well on the brookies using a tenkara rod. Nothing on dries yet though.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

klatown

Out today for trout, and did well on dries. First good day of the season. 

KyleC

Definitely hasnt been my season for fly fishing hopefully looking to turn that around this upcoming weekend going to Polly Lake to try for some big Pike on the fly, have yet to even touch a dry fly though for trout I dont know if its timing but have yet to see any rising fish have caught all mine nymphing and has been a hard go with how low the rivers have been

Thefishleclair

I find the dry prime time is later in the day. Last few hours of light. 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

brookiebuster

This spring was killer for steelhead. Been getting into some nice coasters lately and a few by catch pike while brookie fishing. Most coasters I’ve caught have been on big sculpins or baitfish patterns, I did get one on a mouse pattern. Just looking forward to late summer for the main coaster and salmon run.

• Like 1

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Macbook10

could anyone tell me any spots for brookies this time of the year thanks!

Thefishleclair

Any of the rivers east of town will produce brookies. Trick is to go and find the pools and strips of current holding the fish.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

brookiebuster

Portage creek is surrounded by private property and as far as I know the land owners only allow mnr and the steelhead association to access. You’ll find brook trout, rainbows and salmon should be moving in to pretty much every river east of town along the trans Canada. Most rivers are VERY low right now. I’d focus on larger tributaries like the Nipigon or black sturgeon. The mouth of the Mackenzie is closer to town and is a good place to start.

• Like 1

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Macbook10

could any one tell me if its even worth trying arrow river for browns? should I wait a bit till the water comes up a bit? any help would be appreciated thanks