• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
naden

Birch firewood

naden

Just bought a house on the outskirts of town and I am looking to purchase some split seasoned firewood for the winter, anyone have any recommendations or contact numbers? What’s the going rate for split wood? Looking to purchase 3 to 5 cord. Thanks.

Are you looking for 3-5 split facecords? Or 3-5 cords? If you want 3-5 cords, there are roughly 3 face cords in a cord. A cord comes un cut. Split wood is measure by face cord. My guess is you are looking for 9-15 face cords? Im in the exact same boat as you, except I bought the rest of someones wood so I don't have anyone to recommend, but in my searching I found face cords from 110-145. Keep an eye on kijiji. Im totally new to this wood burning life so maybe someone else can give you more advice. Good luck out there!

naden
7 hours ago, 2112 said:

Are you looking for 3-5 split facecords? Or 3-5 cords? If you want 3-5 cords, there are roughly 3 face cords in a cord. A cord comes un cut. Split wood is measure by face cord. My guess is you are looking for 9-15 face cords? Im in the exact same boat as you, except I bought the rest of someones wood so I don't have anyone to recommend, but in my searching I found face cords from 110-145. Keep an eye on kijiji. Im totally new to this wood burning life so maybe someone else can give you more advice. Good luck out there!

I’m looking for 3-5 cords of split seasoned wood. I’m not moving for another six weeks so I won’t have time this fall to buy a 10 cord load and buck it and split it myself before winter. Dog lake firewood advertises a dump truck load of split seasoned wood for 950$ and they say it’s approximately 2.5 cords. I’m trying to see if there are other companies that would do something similar and how much they charge. I would also be looking for some recommendations for getting a 10 cord load in the spring, thx. 

arvey

What area are you guys my son law  does firewood he's out highway 61. There's a place on twin city crossroads and spruce river rd. hope this helps.

naden
53 minutes ago, arvey said:

What area are you guys my son law  does firewood he's out highway 61. There's a place on twin city crossroads and spruce river rd. hope this helps.

Dawson and mapleward area

27 minutes ago, naden said:

Dawson and mapleward area

I'm Dawson and Auto area. I guess I'll finally get to check out Intola Baits. I too will be looking for 10 cord in spring so if you find a good source please keep me posted and ill do the same.

arvey

if you hook on twin city cross roads off oliver or the new highway there's a firewood dealer there pretty big operation can't miss it. i

levi64

Ken Nevula on Dog Lake rd. he is in the book. 

• Thanks 1

brookiebuster

I don’t think the firewood place on 527 is open anymore looks abandoned. I don’t think the place on twin city has any dry wood they were empty for a bit then got a load of fresh wood not long ago. There’s also a place by super store that sells wood (freds firewood?). I heard the guy out 61 is good. I cut my own wood so just going off what I’ve seen and heard.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

naden
On 9/1/2019 at 8:37 PM, crisop said:

I picked up a bunch of wood from dog lake firewood and it was clean split and dry and had it the day after I called

https://dog-lake-firewood.myshopify.com/

Do their prices posted on the website include tax?

crisop

I think so. Best bet is to call then.  It’s been 3 years since I bought it

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF