• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Truenorth

Hows the rut kicking off??

arvey

I thought this was a small cow but it was mentioned to me that it looks like a really big deer. what are your thoughts. 

PICT0049.JPG

hunt or be hunted

At very quick first glance yes I could see how u think it looks like the small cow or even a calf but it’s deffitnly a deer and looks to be a 4 pointer, zoom in close and u can see the fork horns just enough know he’s a buck !                                              Was a slow weekend for movement in my area, does didn’t wanna move much and the few bucks I did see nothing has started to swell up yet - how did evenyone make out or see ? 

Nnev

Slow weekend around my two spots. Friday night Momma and two cubs took over one spot from 9PM to 2AM. Nothing during the day yet.

Mr. Canoehead
1 hour ago, hunt or be hunted said:

I sat for few hours in my ground blind yesterday evening.  Have had 3 or 4 bucks coming around at night only, but no does or daytime bucks eating the apples I placed by the creek bed.

at about 530pm I took an antler and a big stick and made a "rub". I think I should have waited longer but I did it again 10 minutes later and instantly got a big snort wheeze from about 50 yards off in the thick stuff. Never heard it run off but it never appeared either.  Not sure if I scared it off or it wanted to come out but maybe was suspicious or wanted to wait for after dark.

arvey

No daytime bucks watched a good size doe this morning. I hope this guy shows up in the daytime and check out this bear must of ate so much deer chow had to have a nap. 

IMAG0060.JPG

IMAG0018.JPG

• Like 2

Hurketthunter

I’m still only getting night time photos and even those aren’t consistent. It’s odd that the area I’m hunting has a lot of large buck rubs but since the weather turned cold the deer seem to avoid the area for the most part (large agricultural fields with bush and swamp close by). Is anyone having any luck?

Hurketthunter

Truenorth

Did an all day sit yesterday with s couple daytime pictures of does hoping they'd bring the nocturnal bucks in . But the only thing I got yesterday was a terrible chill! Nothing was moving in the bush not even the squirrels .. I'm finding the deer seem to shut down almost in the first snowfall for the first day or two then ramp up the rut in my experience anyways .

Hurketthunter

Beautiful buck! Way to go Mr. C. Care to tell us how it happened?

Hurketthunter

Mr. Canoehead
55 minutes ago, Hurketthunter said:

Beautiful buck! Way to go Mr. C. Care to tell us how it happened?

Hurketthunter

Thanks!

I had been feeding with apples at a creek bottom for the past few weeks but both bucks and does were only coming out at night. I hunted it several times and decided it wasn't working and I had over hunted it. So earlier in the season I had noticed a pinch point between that creek bottom and a large mature forest which is off the property I am hunting. So I set up a treestand there last week about 300 yards from the creek bottom. Field right behind the stand with the wind blowing my scent into the open.  A good set up, glad i saved it for the rut. Under 10 yards and he was on a mission. 

Mr. Canoehead

Oh and he showed up about 830am. Good luck.

scandiman
On 11/12/2019 at 12:47 PM, Mr. Canoehead said:

This guy was out crusing this morning. 😀

20191112_090016.jpg

Great buck Canoehead!!! Congrats

arvey

Very nice buck Canoehead  . Had a rough week last pic. was Monday since then no pics. of anything and the deer chow hasn't been touched. , sat in my blind Tuesday till Friday long cold days. oh well maybe next week.

jonut13

Hey Arvey , that was the same with me last week.  I'm off a few days next week.  Hope it picks up.  Is it just me or other people at least seeing numbers of good bucks on camera?

arvey
8 minutes ago, jonut13 said:

Hey Arvey , that was the same with me last week.  I'm off a few days next week.  Hope it picks up.  Is it just me or other people at least seeing numbers of good bucks on camera?

Don't get discouraged once those does go into heat the bucks will come.

hunt or be hunted

I’ve been everyday since oct 26th bow and rifle hunting, sitting over bait and pushing bush Thro clear cuts and thick swamps - the pre rut had lots of movement everywhere bucks, does, fawns of all sizes but when the rut kicked in on the 4th everything went into lock down with cold temps as well and everything came to hault for movement, nothing on cameras and sightings went low - I did manage to find them in some very thick high grounds and all paired up buck and doe always together, just in the last 48-72 hours have the bucks got up on the move again in daylight and wondering around as the main rut phase is dwindling down and the bucks are looking for more does in heat in the second latter end phase of the rut, some big boys should be starting to poke their heads out again and make some mistakes as long as ur in the right place and right time with some luck! 

• Like 1

Im sitting over some bait right now... Chickadees and blue jays just going to town on my fancy feed. Hopefully something walks by in this next hour or so! At least its not as cold as last weekend. My issue is tonnes of tracks every night, but never any deer when i sit. Seems to be a common problem lol

arvey
24 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Im sitting over some bait right now... Chickadees and blue jays just going to town on my fancy feed. Hopefully something walks by in this next hour or so! At least its not as cold as last weekend. My issue is tonnes of tracks every night, but never any deer when i sit. Seems to be a common problem lol

Oh I've had many of those days over the yrs. i'm sure all of us have at one time or another. good luck.

Wildcat
On 11/16/2019 at 4:11 PM, 2112 said:

Yes I had this problem all last year at a new blind I was hunting. this year I moved the blind because of wind direction, and it paid off. I finally had does and bucks in the daytime on the cam ending with a nice little 5 pointer last night at 12 yards, my wife said it will be nice to have her husband back, as last year I sat 36 days in this blindly compared to 11 this year. 

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3241.jpg

• Like 1

Nnev

Is anyone else seeing a full out lock down?

arvey

Took this doe today . I waited to see if a buck was following it look like she was going to move on so I thought well it's getting on in the season so I decided to take her. I figure you can't eat horns. After I shot she run then I seen another white flag in the grass couldn't tell what it was. Maybe next yr. I will say on my cameras I had lots of movement from the 15th till today mostly night time . 4 different bucks and sometimes 3 does at a time . 

73326791_556842411758304_7964453196103942144_n.jpg

arvey

Sorry about the video posted from my phone didn't turn out to well.

Hurketthunter

Recent daytime activity. Ignore the date

Hurketthunter

87CF3F4C-C1AC-4B43-802D-C0B56683CFF9.jpeg

A62A8426-F127-4E12-B4EF-22216064297F.jpeg