• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

crazyctr

Black bay

crazyctr

Was still a few open holes out there yesterday need some cold weather and that will change fast

will update again in a couple days

• Like 2

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

gonna head out tomorrow afternoon and check the thickness will post my findings tomorrow night

• Thanks 1

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

went out and there is 6 inches of ice changing to 4 inches looks like it was open water out there not to long ago it will be another week or 10 days before its good ill check again on Friday 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hbaits.jpg

TroutHunter

Thanks for all the updates! Looking forward to another winter chasing perch on the big lake!

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

crazyctr

was out over 2 miles today around 5 to 6 inches all the way out except near the dock and boat laungh only around 2 inches there because of the current coming from the creek i will have the huts out for next weekend im hoping

• Like 1

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

just got in theres 8 inches of ice out there now and there is some perch biting even in this cold weather 

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

crazyctr

Im taking the day huts out tomorrow will be open for business friday just give me a call to book a hut

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

hbaits.jpg

When I was out last week it was patches of very shallow drift snow with lots of open glare ice. Was about 10 inches of beautiful black ice before this wicked cold snap.

2 hours ago, mmgg said:

Nice. Any ice ridge?

Last weekend there was no ridges that I could see. Fishing was very very very slow, but in all fairness we didn't move around too far, we stayed near the groups on the new ice. We fished 17-20 ft

Wildcat
3 hours ago, mmgg said:

Nice. Any ice ridge?

I`ve been out 3 times since saturday, once out by granite, and the other times roaming around, haven`t seen any ice ridge or cracks but there is lots of spots where the ice froze and its rough and you have to go slow, we had quads and sleds out, using scratchers on the sled, fishing has been so so but the size of perch has been good, heading out again today to get supper. 

Snag???

Just got home went out tried today was kinda slow but got enough to eat plus let some go. 15 inches ice, just out past first group shacks. Lots bare ice with light dusting snow on top you gotta aim for patches packed snow or just spin. Over all good day.

76231D22-E866-4AAF-B810-547289FC16E3.jpeg

• Like 2

cdm

My sled has a 2.5” paddle. Would I have any issues getting out with the lack of snow on the ice?

Snag???
1 hour ago, cdm said:

My sled has a 2.5” paddle. Would I have any issues getting out with the lack of snow on the ice?

Don’t think getting out is the problem, if towing a sleigh you may wanna park on a chunk real estate being patch packed snow. I had drag the ski doo and sleigh ahead few feet to get traction. All good and good luck

Wolf
1 hour ago, cdm said:

With a 2.5” paddle you run hot with bare ice, even with scratchers I’d be watching your temp closely 

crazyctr

sleds are good to go but quads are better 

hbaits.jpg

mmgg

Thanks for the ice ridge update.

Running a sled on bare ice means you get to try a new fishing spot every KM on the  way to the fish spot for the day. :)

a squirt of dish soap or silicon spray on the sliders and the additive water wetter in the coolant helps out to get you that extra distance..lol

Foozer

Anyone care to report on ice conditions at Granite? 10-12” out that far?

I was thinking of taking my 10yr old out to that rock during the weekend as long as the wind conditions stay calm.

Thanks!

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

crazyctr

lots of ice around 20 inches but bring a bulldozer its all pack ice around granite this year

hbaits.jpg

Foozer
2 hours ago, crazyctr said:

lots of ice around 20 inches but bring a bulldozer its all pack ice around granite this year

Thanks!

I’ll have to check that out one day soon.  But, I don’t have a dozer to clear a path.  

Just cruise out on the ski-doo.  👍🏼👍🏼

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Jayfishin

Is there any soft snow left on the ice since that rain yesterday?

just wondering for sled travel possibly tomorrow?

Jay