• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
naden

Heating Oil Suppliers

naden

Anyone have a recommendation for heating oil delivery? I'm less than impressed with my current provider. Anyone recently switch from oil to propane and find it cheaper?

Thanks

hunt or be hunted

I fill my own oil tank, thro a slip tank in the truck and go fill it for cheap on the Rez, my neighbour switched to propane and she’s burning more Propane = more $$$ to keep the same heat that the oil would produce Because of the moisture in propane, from all the plp I have talked to and the furnace repair guys they all say the same thing ur gonna have to run 2-3 degrees higher on propane To make the same dry heat as oil does due to the moisture levels, just thought to consider 

naden
19 hours ago, hunt or be hunted said:

I fill my own oil tank, thro a slip tank in the truck and go fill it for cheap on the Rez, my neighbour switched to propane and she’s burning more Propane = more $$$ to keep the same heat that the oil would produce Because of the moisture in propane, from all the plp I have talked to and the furnace repair guys they all say the same thing ur gonna have to run 2-3 degrees higher on propane To make the same dry heat as oil does due to the moisture levels, just thought to consider 

Thx, natural gas is also at the corner of my property but was quoted 12 grand to run it to house. Was planning on doing the conversion but wife’s employer closed due to corona virus so that might change things. What did a slip tank cost and how much cheaper is oil at the Rez? My last oil fill was .70 cents/l

brookiebuster
On 3/22/2020 at 1:24 PM, hunt or be hunted said:

If there’s moisture in your propane your regulator would freeze up and you wouldn’t get gas to your appliances. Definitely not the same heat as wood or oil but whole lot more efficient.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

hunt or be hunted

I just bought a used 500L tank off Kijiji yrs ago and the price is always changing it’s never the same, but I’ve never seen fuel oil at .70cents at least in the last 7-8 yrs, how much did they get u on the delivery charge then ? 

naden
58 minutes ago, hunt or be hunted said:

I just bought a used 500L tank off Kijiji yrs ago and the price is always changing it’s never the same, but I’ve never seen fuel oil at .70cents at least in the last 7-8 yrs, how much did they get u on the delivery charge then ? 

The oil was .70 cents/l plus roughly 5 cents a liter for carbon tax and then hst, works out to 85 cents a liter total, no other fees. Earlier in the winter it was over a dollar. Are you saying you haven't seen it that cheap or that expensive in 7 or 8 years?

Adrian

Any moisture the propane produces goes out the exhaust pipe, and not into your home,  not sure why someone would think it came into your home...the advantage propane has is that if you use it in a fireplace or other non fan heater, you still have heat when the power goes off   This is not available with oil.  

hunt or be hunted

I have never seen it that cheap period to buy it is what I’m sayn, normally it’s around .98 -1.05L on the Rez, yes propane is more efficient but u will burn more to achieve the same heat and dryness inside ur home as compared to oil/wood heat, and sorry I meant moisture in the air not the propane itself, yes u still have a minimal source of heat when the power goes out to cook on a stove or fireplace but without a fan pushing that heat around it’s not gonna much for keeping anything warm, basically just a oversized big buddy heater lol