• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Keith bourbon

Steelhead Time

Keith bourbon

I know its still at least a few days before the chrome make a run for it.  Anyone else getting the itch?  I literally have a hard on a mile long, especially with rain in the forecast. 

If your wife or family is driving you nuts,  post a pic of your steel from last year or years past. Here's one of mine from last year. 

Screenshot_20200327-081657.thumb.png.44dc0054f30960b409b13952d4907211.png

Keith bourbon
4 hours ago, oyo said:

Dude, like another month here. 

How about a pic of steelhead instead of all that negativity. 

• Like 3

Haha oh steelhead... Here we go again...

Ive caught more under the ice this year alone then I have ever during their run in my entire life... So 3 lol

Maybe this will be the year I don't spend snagged up and swearing. What I personally enjoy about steelhead season is it's often the first time I get to explore after the snow has melted. I've spent many afternoons wasting half of my fishing time exploring, flipping rocks, looking at trees. To be honest, I don't really care for float fishing anyways, i just go to be out. I have also become an efficient sucker fisherman coincidentally  while fishing for steelhead, though this was never one of my goals. Better be practicing social distances at gauntlet of death at Riverside. Maybe COVID will actually give those fish a chance to spawn out of necessity and not all over the shore from stress! 

Foozer

Any excuse to post some fishing pics!

15948870-4B84-4C94-ACD8-49C8E977D183.jpeg

• Like 3

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

James01

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

• Like 1

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Bobber Down

Social distancing..............

IMG_1064.jpg

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Caribmatt
On 3/27/2020 at 8:30 AM, oyo said:

Dude, like another month here. 

Mmm not quite bud

You can take the left overs then

RatherBeFishin

Got this one yesterday 

😬🤫F65A3B9F-E649-404B-95AC-20EB98C70665.thumb.jpeg.de4fc8860a6e3f209ea490474819692f.jpeg

• Like 3

Keith bourbon

RatherBeFishin that is deadly! Nice catch!

Zackcorbin1401

Starting to see some early fish pop up now.... IM EXCITED!!!

Bobber Down

Mcvicar's creek today

IMG_1067.jpg

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Snag???

In my reminders on my cell phone I got April 19. Are we there yet?

oyo

Any of the rivers east of west or town open for fishing yet, from the border to pays plat? Does anyone know if there would be a run in the steel river at this point or too early? 

brookiebuster

Lots of rivers opening up and there’s fish around. A little early but there’s some there.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

MetalFishing

Mouth of Mackenzie, some open above the bridge 

88B78A1B-3DAB-43A3-8266-A06B6671D3D1.jpeg

• Like 1

James01
10 hours ago, MetalFishing said:

Mouth of Mackenzie, some open above the bridge 

88B78A1B-3DAB-43A3-8266-A06B6671D3D1.jpeg

Thanks MetalFishing … you saved me a drive, as I was planning on checking it out.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Keith bourbon

Anyone have recent pictures of mcvicar or current river at the mouth? 

MetalFishing

Current river is flowing but solid at the mouth

kbrest

For the guys still going out fishing this spring (me for sure). We all know how the rivers get busy in a normal year cramming up spots (Neebing, Macintyre). And although the governments advice is to stay home unless essential, we know guys will still be out. This month could be very bad and we need to respect the Social Distancing. Try not and fish in groups, or even in pairs. Go solo. Try and stay far away from other guys if possible. I know how that sounds In a normal circumstance but my actual fear is that if they see so many people out fishing in groups/pairs, some sort of enforcement will happen stopping all of us from doing what is likely a huge stress relief and passion for us. Lets be smart and spread the word to those not on the site. Seeing individual guys spread out along riverbanks looks a lot better then the usual groups crammed up. And it would be an even more sad and depressing time to have the MNR close down boat launches or recreational fishing.

Tight Lines

• Like 3