• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Keith bourbon

Steelhead Time

jmanny
On 4/2/2020 at 10:29 AM, RatherBeFishin said:

Got this one yesterday 

😬🤫F65A3B9F-E649-404B-95AC-20EB98C70665.thumb.jpeg.de4fc8860a6e3f209ea490474819692f.jpeg

Wicked spinning reel and rapala though. 

bigbrookie
2 hours ago, kbrest said:

For the guys still going out fishing this spring (me for sure). We all know how the rivers get busy in a normal year cramming up spots (Neebing, Macintyre). And although the governments advice is to stay home unless essential, we know guys will still be out. This month could be very bad and we need to respect the Social Distancing. Try not and fish in groups, or even in pairs. Go solo. Try and stay far away from other guys if possible. I know how that sounds In a normal circumstance but my actual fear is that if they see so many people out fishing in groups/pairs, some sort of enforcement will happen stopping all of us from doing what is likely a huge stress relief and passion for us. Lets be smart and spread the word to those not on the site. Seeing individual guys spread out along riverbanks looks a lot better then the usual groups crammed up. And it would be an even more sad and depressing time to have the MNR close down boat launches or recreational fishing.

Tight Lines

Definitely, feel like it would be best to try not to get stuck on the run in town 

Wopfisher
3 hours ago, kbrest said:

For the guys still going out fishing this spring (me for sure). We all know how the rivers get busy in a normal year cramming up spots (Neebing, Macintyre). And although the governments advice is to stay home unless essential, we know guys will still be out. This month could be very bad and we need to respect the Social Distancing. Try not and fish in groups, or even in pairs. Go solo. Try and stay far away from other guys if possible. I know how that sounds In a normal circumstance but my actual fear is that if they see so many people out fishing in groups/pairs, some sort of enforcement will happen stopping all of us from doing what is likely a huge stress relief and passion for us. Lets be smart and spread the word to those not on the site. Seeing individual guys spread out along riverbanks looks a lot better then the usual groups crammed up. And it would be an even more sad and depressing time to have the MNR close down boat launches or recreational fishing.

Tight Lines

Couldn’t have said it any better I totally agree hopefully people respect that 👍

Bobber Down

Current River this afternoon. Only about 100 yards of ice cover left from the docks then open all the way to Sault Ste Marie.

IMG_1068.jpg

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Snag???

I could see,just to the right there. No over there, a bright orange j11 or maybe a little Cleo getting destroyed!!!🤔

fishman1

Went for a bike ride to the Mac today.

couldnt beleive my eyes, a few trucks arrived with 2-3 fisherman in each truck.

cmon guys, your only going to fark things up for everyone.

never mind the lives you're putting at risk .

lets be safe out there, no time for stupidness!

• Like 1

Well said kbrest. Gas is cheaper than ever, head east, lots of rivers, lots of fun, lots of space. Lets not give them a reason for more restrictions. Im guilty for fishing in a small groups, would be nice to say fish solo, but at least go to an area in a pair and split up, different vehicles. The resources of sending an emergency rescue vs your bro giving you a hand and better assessing everything is valuable. Don't take risks this year, you could go to the hospital with a broken leg and put everyone at risk for no reason.

• Like 1

JGriffin

Where about east would you go for Steelhead? Could I go soon? I get excited for the season every year but only have been in town. Definitely would like to do my part and stay dinstant from others but have no clue where else to go that is not in town. If someone could even dm me some info that be great. I'm not one to share the spots just want somewhere for myself to go and get out during all this. Thanks. 

bin fishin lots

I won't exactly name spots but will share some rivers I've done well. Wolf river, coldwater creek, black sturgeon river, pearl river(closer to the lake). Just a couple for ya to go explore. Careful your not trespassing tho.

• Like 2

Take a look at your map, basically any named river that crosses the highway should hold fish. Out past nipigon you jackfish, gravel and I'd imagine ozone creek would hold fish too, never tried though. Plus the ones earlier mentioned before nipigon. There are also spots along the KAM you can find. Lots more area than the Gauntlet of Death at Riverside Dr. As I'm sure they will be handing out fines in town. Now go get em!!!

• Like 1

JGriffin
16 minutes ago, bin fishin lots said:

I won't exactly name spots but will share some rivers I've done well. Wolf river, coldwater creek, black sturgeon river, pearl river(closer to the lake). Just a couple for ya to go explore. Careful your not trespassing tho.

No thats fair, but knowing the rivers is the starting point. Definitely appreciate that and I can explore some. And good to know to that there is some potential private property around these places. Thanks!

JGriffin
1 minute ago, 2112 said:

Take a look at your map, basically any named river that crosses the highway should hold fish. Out past nipigon you jackfish, gravel and I'd imagine ozone creek would hold fish too, never tried though. Plus the ones earlier mentioned before nipigon. There are also spots along the KAM you can find. Lots more area than the Gauntlet of Death at Riverside Dr. As I'm sure they will be handing out fines in town. Now go get em!!!

Right on also good to know thanks! Ya just never really knew where to start for outside tbay but definitely interested in exploring. Also rather stay away from a potential fine as your right I am sure they will be. Thanks again.

fishman1
1 hour ago, JGriffin said:

Right on also good to know thanks! Ya just never really knew where to start for outside tbay but definitely interested in exploring. Also rather stay away from a potential fine as your right I am sure they will be. Thanks again.

Pm sent

• Like 1

Michael J

Alot of 

On 4/7/2020 at 2:30 PM, bin fishin lots said:

Seeing ALOT of people trespassing sofar. I would choose my spot wisely!

be careful whose territory you wander into,those No Trespassing signs are for real.....

JDL

New to TB, any chance anyone would be willing to share a location or two east of TB? Looking to stay away from others but going nuts being stuck in the house all day! A PM would be awesome, by no means do i need anyone's favourite spot, just looking for a place to get started. Hard to figure out whats private property from google maps view lol. Thanks! Attached a pic of a rainbow from Manitoulin.

rainbow (2).jpg

• Like 1

MetalFishing
41 minutes ago, JDL said:

New to TB, any chance anyone would be willing to share a location or two east of TB? Looking to stay away from others but going nuts being stuck in the house all day! A PM would be awesome, by no means do i need anyone's favourite spot, just looking for a place to get started. Hard to figure out whats private property from google maps view lol. Thanks! Attached a pic of a rainbow from Manitoulin.

rainbow (2).jpg

Beast!

JGriffin
1 hour ago, JDL said:

rainbow (2).jpg

Hey there a bunch of spots suggested above in the thread, I asked the same question lol. Hope this helps 

• Like 1

naden

The crown land use atlas website is useful for figuring out what is and isn’t crown land

• Like 2

Keith bourbon
10 hours ago, naden said:

The crown land use atlas website is useful for figuring out what is and isn’t crown land

This is a great tool. Thanks! 

Bobber Down

Neebing was busy this afternoon. About a dozen lined up along the bank. Seemed to be maintaining distance. The mac had close to 20, mostly trucks, parked in the usual spot. Didn't bother to walk in. Strangely enough no one was at Mcvicar's that I could see. Took a pic at the mouth.

IMG_1069.jpg

• Like 2

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

fishman1

Typical April weather, same thing happened last spring. 

Steelhead definitely slowed down, but should pick up as soon as the weather warms. Should be a busy year as most are off work. Good luck out there.

Lonewolfdan

I was out at Current River Fishermans Park this afternoon. I observed a couple of fisherman on the banks. One was onan island in the river fishing. Parking lot was full of people walking about. I think I will play it safe and not fish until this pandemic passes. Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Bobber Down

A few people fishing the Current River today. Neebing had 5 when I was there. Two dads with their son and one other solo. 8 trucks at Mac. Didn't walk in. Never made it to Mcvicars.

IMG_1073.jpg

• Like 1

Zackcorbin1401

4B570C40-A091-4AC4-97C8-2A8AF08A7054.jpegI love everyone’s effort at social distancing . Love being in the river alone and having countless guys come and stand right beside you....Expected... drifting lines 30ft past you and acting line nothing is wrong when you say something... expected again but you gotta love it classic neebing

• Like 1