• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

You favourite way of ice fishing.

Buck 120

"Yes, Just make sure it has a zoomable fastrak or RTS.

Roger"

What do those options do? I have a Hummingbird 525. Would this work?

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Some Old Guy

Yours has the RTS (Real Time) That's the bar on the right hand side of the finder. It's a raw signal.

Yes the 525 should work. The most difficult thing to do is trying to make sure that a transom mount transducer is level so it picks up your bait while jigging in the hole.

The best thing to do is to drill another hole about a foot to a foot and a half away from the hole you are fishing in. This way once it's level you don't have to worry about moving it when you catch a fish. Also the way the angle works it's easier to pick your lure up on the display.

Find the sensitivity and zoom on your humminbird and play with those until you pick up your lure.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest CPR

the best time I ever had was jigging in an ice shack nice n toasty warm watching the leafs loose while working on a box of beer, the best of all three worlds!

I'm not a drinker, but I've got to agree with you about the warm and Leaf's loosing sentiments... especially the Leafs loosing!

Cheech

What, the Leafs lost ? What are you talkin' about ? :lol: Big Moose should be replying soon. :D

Guest CPR

the leafs ALWAYS loose! :P

Gotta love the Avalanche!! (proud to have been a fan since they were the Nordiques)

The only good thing about the Leafs is that Sundin use to be a Nordique.

Guest Big Moose

I refuse to watch another Leafs game until they get rid of Ferguson and the swede. I always have been and will be a Leafs fan but I've had enough of their leadership.Besides the wife won't let me watch the Leafs in our home because she says too much stuff gets broken in the third period...This being said I still can't see how anyone could pull for the Habs I mean C'mon their emblem is a toilet seat for cryin out loud,You can't get a bigger hint than that..HAAAAA

Cheech

I hear you Moose. I can't sit through a complete leafs game either. And I agree with the Ferguson idea. But I think the ownership is more to blame than him, primarily the teachers union. They are only out to get a better return on thier investment regardless of the teams on-ice performance.Sort of like Ballard. The money just comes in even when the team sucks, so why spend.

Guest Big Moose

Good thing I wasn't out in a shack fishing watching lastnights beating by the Ducks.Amazingly their first shut out of the year!!!!!

fisherdude

Yes, Just make sure it has a zoomable fastrak or RTS.

Roger

the one i bought my dad is the eagle cuda 168 portable... i have never used fish finders before so i have no idea if it has the RTS or the zoomable fastrack...will this work? thanks

and id rather not talk about the leafs lately...

Cheech

It's not even halfway in the second and the Kings are hammering the Leafs 5-0,so I figure it's time for this.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image