• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Removing drain plug

Adrian

I have a 2005 Princecraft  162.  I have a real issue removing the drain plug.  The issue is that the hole in the transom is ribbed and the rubber plug is also ribbed.  When I tighten the plug into the hole, the plug ribs stretch into the ribs in the plug hole.   When I try to take the plug out, it will not come out.  I virtually have to destroy the plug and put in a new one.  Any ideas of how to fix this would be appreciated....the dealer had no suggestions.

crisop

I have the same set up on my Lund. Ribbed plug and ribbed hole in the boat and have a T handle plug so as long as I tighten and loosen the plug it comes out easy

is it every plug after you loosen it or maybe it’s not loosening for some reason

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Adrian

I have a "T" handle and I loosen it as far as it will go and no luck.  I have destroyed 3 plugs over the years.  My current plan is that before I put in the next plug, I will unscrew the "T" handle all the way taking it right out of the back washer that it is threaded into, fixing the threads so it can be taken apart and than I can take it out in a couple pieces without destroying it.  At least a try...I was even thinking of filling the ribs in the boat with Devcon or something, but a little leary of that

crisop

What about trying a different style plug instead of the t handle one 

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Adrian

The first one I had was one of those with the flip over lever (like the old thermos bottle corks) and I changed to the T handle.  Same result.  I am trying to find a plug without the ribbing, and that may be better, but no luck yet.  I even thought of wrapping the plug with a layer of good electrical tape.  Haven't done that yet.

toma-hawk

Try to use some emery paper (type of sand paper) and polish the hole to knock down the ridges a little bit.

Rick