• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

seppi

bait

Snag???

&

Fishbum
On 3/8/2021 at 3:55 PM, BenjisGrandpa said:

Well, it’s that time of year again and it also just so happens that once again I went to Larry’s baits for bait due to the convenience of where I was at the time and yes I called to confirm they had little suckers for walleye. Once arriving at the lake I realized my 2 dozen suckers ($30) were not little eye candy suckers at all. They were all 8” or longer lol. And before we get the warriors telling me I should have checked the bag first, they were closing at noon and I had called and asked for them to be left outside as I wouldn’t be there until around 1230, and I shouldn’t have to confirm something that was made very clear on the phone. So here we are, same crap different day so to speak. 

so  once again I wasted $30 and crappy bait which means crappy fishing. what better way to do it than to tell a customer they have something, have them drive away from any other bait shops and corner the market.
im sure this will get blamed on the “young naive students” they hire and/or the price of gas 😂

cam on Churchill gets another point!! 

Hey I’m sorry if you were not able to get the size you were thinking of getting.  It could have been that someone’s option of walleye candy and or small suckers is different. If you don’t give a specified size range then how should one know what your thinking.  When were asked to get someone 4” suckers we do our best to do that.  If supply is low you may not get it cause it’s better to help everyone a little rather than 1 100% and the rest get nothing.     That being said if you did not like what you seen at the esso you very well could have left them there and said no thanks, and walked away.  You would have been no further ahead than if you showed up in person. 

If you have a problem with something I would prefer, and I encourage everyone to call me anytime.  807 708 7533 and I’m allways more than happy to help or correct something! Bad feedback is better than good feed back in my opinion, long as it’s honest feed.   I would prefer the online “shameing “ of ppl trying to support their families stops, and  bad mouthing them.  Also to say that the students are getting the blame and naieve, is simply disrespectful.  I don’t appreciate that at all, and have never stood for that! 

call me if you’d like to clear anything up, or make it right. 

tight lines 

• Like 4

James01
On 3/8/2021 at 3:55 PM, BenjisGrandpa said:

Well, it’s that time of year again and it also just so happens that once again I went to Larry’s baits for bait due to the convenience of where I was at the time and yes I called to confirm they had little suckers for walleye. Once arriving at the lake I realized my 2 dozen suckers ($30) were not little eye candy suckers at all. They were all 8” or longer lol. And before we get the warriors telling me I should have checked the bag first, they were closing at noon and I had called and asked for them to be left outside as I wouldn’t be there until around 1230, and I shouldn’t have to confirm something that was made very clear on the phone. So here we are, same crap different day so to speak. 

so  once again I wasted $30 and crappy bait which means crappy fishing. what better way to do it than to tell a customer they have something, have them drive away from any other bait shops and corner the market.
im sure this will get blamed on the “young naive students” they hire and/or the price of gas 😂

cam on Churchill gets another point!! 

Cam on Churchill is the only place I will go now!

I shook my head at the bait my brother-in-law picked up last week from Kakabeka, and yesterday from Dawson rd. This morning I took a detour down Churchill when heading out of town, and likely saved today's fishing trip.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Snag???

&

James01
2 hours ago, Snag??? said:

I’ll stick with the artificial baits they work best for me, if not satisfied you can always throw a trap in, just check yourself for ticks.

I am satisfied with Cam on Churchill ... so, no need. Other anglers are better served knowing about him.

Your use of artificial baits, traps, and ticks ... not so much.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

arvey

I know guys that use strictly  Rapalas and do good so Snag hit the nail on the head . A famous angler and tv host once said when fish quit eating minnows that's when they'll quit biting Rapalas . 

James01
3 hours ago, arvey said:

I know guys that use strictly  Rapalas and do good so Snag hit the nail on the head . A famous angler and tv host once said when fish quit eating minnows that's when they'll quit biting Rapalas . 

Good for the tv host (and Snag) ... the thread is about bait shops, not bait vs. artificials.

- Henry David Thoreau

arvey
2 hours ago, James01 said:

Good for the tv host (and Snag) ... the thread is about bait shops, not bait vs. artificials.

Sorry you're wrong the thread was about which bait shop in town had jumbo leaches. You where the first to post neg . about a certain bait shop so you hijack the original thread . Snag was giving an alternative and i agreed . 

Snag???

&

• Like 1

Zackcorbin1401
3 hours ago, Snag??? said:

The way I see it all the alternatives being leeches worms minnows artificial, whatever makes the day enjoyable is a winner. Supporting local business, is totally rad. I mainly fish the river systems and nothing touches a husky jerk. While most are fiddling with live bait I’m on my 3rd cast covering water. Don’t forget those moments when you ordered to many minnows and left then exposed so when you got to that favourite spot they are belly up and floating. Nothing worse than soft mushy minnow you can’t keep on a hook. Plus a doz minnow sell for ? I’ll spend 13 dollars on a rap catch hundreds of fish. I may loose one or two a season still a valued advantage especially with gas prices. To each there own just a thought. After all those busy days converting oxygen to carbon dioxide it’s a no brainer for me.

Husky jerks are my #1!

• Like 1

James01
6 hours ago, arvey said:

Sorry you're wrong the thread was about which bait shop in town had jumbo leaches. You where the first to post neg . about a certain bait shop so you hijack the original thread . Snag was giving an alternative and i agreed 

Disagree... I wasn't the person to derail the thread from a discussion of bait. But whatever, prople are well served going to the bait shop on Churchill, and its the only bait store I will give my business to now. 

- Henry David Thoreau

Thefishleclair

i know a guy

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

thefisher
On 5/23/2021 at 8:50 AM, James01 said:

I am satisfied with Cam on Churchill ... so, no need. Other anglers are better served knowing about him.

Your use of artificial baits, traps, and ticks ... not so much.

Hi James 👋 I am the owner along with my husband Brian at The Falls Bait & Tackle. We're sorry you had an issue with our bait. Please reach out if there is an issue so we can work on fixing it for you. Our customers and fishing community are very important to us. Thank You! 🐟🎣

• Like 2