• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

klatown

Waterfowl Hunting

klatown

I’m hoping to start waterfowl hunting around Thunder Bay. Can anyone offer places to start? Not looking  to steal anyone’s spot, but I’d like to know a good place to start. 

eyelander

2 places I used to hunt regularly were Hurkett Cove/mouth of Wolf River and Matawin River in the Boreal Road.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Feldwebel Wolfenstool
On 9/23/2020 at 8:26 PM, eyelander said:

2 places I used to hunt regularly were Hurkett Cove/mouth of Wolf River and Matawin River in the Boreal Road.

...I remember us trying to get a canoe off the beach at Hurkett, to molest the bluebills way out on the lake.  After trying to push the boat 5 times off shore into the 3 foot waves, we finally said Nah and gave up.....Sturgeon Bay was ok.  Whitefish Lake on Opening Day morning, it was like there was a war going out on the lake...

eyelander

Yup, had that happen a couple of times to us also but we were already out at the mouth of the Wolf River and had to walk the canoe and gear back to the landing because it was impossible to paddle back.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Snag???

&

• Like 1