• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nnev

Deer Rut 2020

Snag???

&

Snag???

&

Hurketthunter

It was dads turn tonight. Big bodied eight point came walking in with 5 minutes of shooting light left. 

CE99D79F-3AE2-4B2C-A0B1-C790B89C17AB.jpeg

9F644EDE-14D7-4A6D-849F-EE96DFB4F0F4.jpeg

• Like 3

MtBaldyHillbilly

Well, it seems like the rut is on at my grounds. Freash rubs, scrapes. Fair amount of traffic. Lots of wolf tracks too though. I m guessing they had them running last night. Very high winds on the top of the ridge as well today.. hopefully the replenished feed will coax them out tomorrow for a stoll. One of my partners missed 2 doe last weekend at the parcel... can hit the pail but not the deer. Lol. Good luck everyone.

James01

Got my anterless last weekend... working on the buck now.

Picked up a 2nd anterless tag - just in case. 

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

hunt or be hunted

I’ve been chasing tail for 23 days straight now all over, sun up to sunset, I have seen deer no doubt about it but am I the only one, or are the deer numbers really down in a lot of areas ? 

FishinFinn

Numbers are way down. The warm fall not helping either. 

Nnev

Numbers are super down in my area. Even during the nights I'd have piles of pictures with day time shots sprinkled in. This year I'd go 4-5 days with out any pics.

hunt or be hunted

Ok that’s what I thought was happening all over and good to know I’m not the only having a mixed results type of season 

BuckNut

Numbers are down for sure. Makes sense considering how many moose hunters have gone tagless so have switched to putting deer in the freeezer when previous years they wouldn't. The last 3 years I have heard more shooting and seen fewer deer.

James01

I found an area with wrecked trees and tore up ground ... seems a couple bucks were going at it last night - it was all very fresh. It's 25 meters from the area I have been watching, I got up and walked around after sitting most of the morning. Deer in the area I am hunting are clearly moving around at night. I have hunted mornings and evenings, and I haven't seen much, despite the fact that the area I am watching looks like a cattle yard (the ground is trampled with hoof prints). I got my antlerless a little over a week ago, but still waiting for a big buck to walk out. Its all a little frustrating. I had a few others show themselves, but couldn't get a clean shot - so I didn't shoot. Ethics have to be part of the hunt. Still, I could be doing worse things than sitting in the woods enjoying the solitude. 

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Hurketthunter

Congrats on the success. I’ve still got my additional seals to try to fill before the clock runs out as well as helping my oldest son get his first deer. Keeping my fingers crossed as I haven’t seen much daylight activity on my cams in the last while. 

Hurketthunter

MetalFishing

Anyone havin luck? There’s an insane number of deer coming around but all of them are at night. Hoping the colder weather this weekend brings them out

Hurketthunter

Things have been fairly quiet around our stands with this warm weather. Hoping  the forecast for cold by the weekend stirs them up. Would be nice to add another deer to the freezer before the 15th. 

Hurketthunter

MtBaldyHillbilly

Monday I was out in the morning. There was some movement the night before, judging from tracks. I baited some, then had to head out early to attend to unexpected situation..  Managed to get back this morning... that 48 hours seemed to be the busiest it been season. 5 times more traffic then monday. Tons of scrapes... we had been set up 45mins when my grandmother waived me over from across the cut... big buck! We stalked our way down the road to the last bait station... oh crap. Big deer.. but it's in the shade, and glare off the snow. Some twigs in the line of sight. Dam it. Cant see proper. The wind is howling at my back right to his face!! Errg... oh. There we are.. just a step forward... but no. The head raises... still cant quite see. It's a good 300 yards with open sights!! Nope.. there it is then. The white flag... 30 mins later and no return customer.. good chance blown.. the tracks I saw later confirmed. Big deer. Probably buck. Near 7 inch length from heel to tip... And now I m waiting to get the kids off the bus. Maybe get a chance in the morning. Here's hoping...if you can sit tonight do it!! 

Redneck Smurf

Another season done and another year coming to an end. Hope you all had fulfilling times in the outdoors whether the tags were filled or not.

I am enjoying reading the stories and dreaming of coming up next year to hunt. I live down in the Georgian Bay Area, but did live in Thunder Bay from 1999- 2005. Man I miss hunting and fishing the area. So beautiful. Southern Ontario deer hunting has been good for the last 15 years but it’s time to get back up north. We lost permission for our best land this year and my hunt gang has fallen apart.. these days the guys who are left are more about drinking so I’m out. 
Merry Christmas everyone!

memorablemoose

Especially today with weather front coming in. Stuck at work with 2 shifts left, while friends and family are in the bush 😭. I only usually put in one week while shutting down the house for the winter so not picky on what to shoot. This year has been different first rifle tag for moose as last 30 years always archery hunt with invisa line. By now I’m usually getting onto first ice. Appreciate the info guys, hope that big boy passes through for you. 11 to 1 after morning pressure while you’re having lunch my favourite time.