• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LU_Tunafish

Sturge Lake Ice

LU_Tunafish

Thinking about heading to Sturge for some walleye. Anyone have any info on ice thickness or how the bite is?

• Like 1

frenchman

A couple weeks ago I stopped in to check it out, there was about 6” in front of the landing.  Not sure how the warm spell we had last week would have effected it.

crazyctr
On 12/8/2020 at 6:03 PM, LU_Tunafish said:

Thinking about heading to Sturge for some walleye. Anyone have any info on ice thickness or how the bite is?

was there last night about 6 inches good ice where we fished

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hbaits.jpg

KMG

Anyone been out lately, looking for slush/ice condition update.

Thanks

frenchman

Was out on the 27th, some pretty slushy spots, only fished the south end so can’t comment on the rest of the lake, fishing was slow.

Pound 4 Pound

That  lake can get really slushy and ice can be inconsistant we as group sunk four trucks in there back in 2000 or 2001 thank god we all survived be careful. My cousin had his atco trailer there at the time and we had somewhere to go an dry off and get warm. Be careful. 

• Like 1

BASS ASSASSIN

Was there last Friday. Over 2 feet of ice, no slush to be found anywhere on the lake

• Like 1

speckmaster

How much snow was up there?

therealfndeal

Quad and side by side accessible was there today fishing was slow 

• Like 2

bin fishin lots

Lol not even sure why people fish here. In 10 years nobody has posted a good trip from there. I fished it myself a few years ago. And came up with same general results. 0. 

• Haha 1

bin fishin lots

Maybe I'm ignorant I don't know. But it seems those lakes and the river is just not a whole bunch of fun lol.

AB

Sturge has lots of fish in it.  

The walleyes are fussy as all hell and I have watched one guy limit out while his buddy gets the fin. (I have been on both sides of that statement).

Its just like any other lake, location, time of day and presentation all matter. But it always seems like the last fish of the trip hits just before the flashlights come out. 

AB

bin fishin lots

I only fished it the once tho. There's closer walleye lakes for me to get skunked on lol

• Like 1

Bobber Down
43 minutes ago, bin fishin lots said:

I only fished it the once tho. There's closer walleye lakes for me to get skunked on lol

Like Hicks lol :lol:

• Haha 2

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

bin fishin lots

Exactly BD lol. Cheese whiz

• Like 1

therealfndeal

Not exactly sure if true or not but heard two people went thru the ice on Sunday 

Wildcat

i wouldn`t doubt it, i was there Saturday and you had to stay away from the shore in lots of spots, there was still 3 shacks on the ice, they pulled them off by the end of the day, fishing was good

apr 10 sturge.jpg