• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bottom Bouncer

AMATEUR WALLEYE TOURNAMENT IN THUNDER BAY

Some Old Guy

Hmmmm Do I hear an unfair advantage Sherrill?

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest minnowgirl

I like to call it STIFF COMPETITION lol.

No, kidding aside, we would even take a time penalty or something...being brutally honest, this will be our 5th. season at Open Bay Lodge, and as for actually having the time to fish, explore, well not so much. At least no where near as much as we would like to. Work first, but play as much as you can.

Sherrill

Hey Roger, you sound a little scared...hehehe

Some Old Guy

Scared? Me? Nah.

Well maybe... a little..........

Roger

Some Old Guy

The force? What's that?

Roger

Bottom Bouncer

I think he means it's time for a WALLEYE tournament in the fall at Lac.

REELBAIT

Some Old Guy

Yes I concur! Walleye time at Open Bay!

Roger

crisop

I have a question, we live and work here, can we still fish the tourney if it is held here?? .... please, please, please lol!!

a 5lb deduction for homefield advantage :D

Roger when you pick a date let me know i need to book holidays if it's not on my week off

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Bear

Anyone looking for a partner, I have a fully equipped boat I could bring along?

Bear

Some Old Guy

I got off the phone with Sherrill. Looks like we are going to pick a date for this. OBWC!!!! Or LDMLWC!!!

Roger

Bottom Bouncer

:D

UNBELIEVABLE ROGER!!!!!

Hat's of to you. I'm staring at the computer and I don't know what to say.....

WOW!!!

REELBAIT

Guest minnowgirl

Here fishy, fishy, fishy.....

LDMLWC works!!

Although, I sort of have to be partial to OBWC, short & sweet!!

How bout Sept. 27 & 28?

Sherrill

Abes

How about LWC, Lac Walleye Classic ? I will do what I can to help out with this Roger, let me know when you want to set a meeting up. No worries I'm sure there will be quite a few anglers with a home field advantage. Let get'r done.....

Bottom Bouncer

Here fishy, fishy, fishy.....

LDMLWC works!!

Although, I sort of have to be partial to OBWC, short & sweet!!

How bout Sept. 27 & 28?

Sherrill

Sherrill would it be possible to get a 2 bedroom room on the top floor with a balcony facing S/West over looking the ocean... I mean Lake? Also, what time is the buffet in the morning? Do you deliver hot meals onto the lake? LOL. Did I mention my partner's idea of roughing it is slow room service.LOL. Looking forward to meeting you and this all coming together. My vote would be the 20 & 21 of Sept., if possible. NISSWA.

Lac Des Mille Lacs

Fall Walleye Classic

What do you think, Roger?

REELBAIT

crisop

i like it and i'm all for the 13, 14th or the 27, 28 of september

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Wade O.

I'd be interested in fishing a lac deryby, the river seems like a logical choice to me, no dirt road there is the public side plus that place right on the river may be willing to provide campsites or parking, open bay isn't bad bit of dirt road to get there but last time I was there a couple years ago don't remember it being that large and it was in the winter so I don't know what the launch is like. Just keep in mind to fill the field it would be best to ensure it doesn't overlap with any other tourneys, including possible fish club or society derbies.

Guest minnowgirl

I'd be interested in fishing a lac deryby, the river seems like a logical choice to me, no dirt road there is the public side plus that place right on the river may be willing to provide campsites or parking, open bay isn't bad bit of dirt road to get there but last time I was there a couple years ago don't remember it being that large and it was in the winter so I don't know what the launch is like. Just keep in mind to fill the field it would be best to ensure it doesn't overlap with any other tourneys, including possible fish club or society derbies.

Hi Steelie Stalker:

I'm Sherrill, I live and work here at Open Bay Lodge all year round. Just wanted to answer a few of your questions.

We are 16km. down Lac des Mille Lacs Rd. which is kept in very good condition due to the amount of traffic it sees. We have a cement boat launch, and we have had pontoon and houseboats launch with no trouble. As for sufficient space, we have about 10 acres here, with lots of room for campers, trailers, and fishermen!!

I don't think anything has been written in stone as of yet, it is still largely in the planning stages.

Take care for now,

Sherrill

OBL

Barrski

Sounds like there is a little fire in everyones belly. I hit the derbies and tournaments when ever I can. I will be in the Red Lake Classic on Labour Day weekend and as long as we stay away from the moose opener I'm in. Short gravel road into Open Bay shouldn't be an issue. The bigger issue is there enough cabins and tent/camp sites for about 100 teams. How is the docking space or beach area for pulling boats up in this area, it avoids the traffic jam.

Let me know if I can help, but I would be fishing in the tournament

barrski

Master Baiter

This sounds awesome guys and girl, so lets get a date for the derby? I'm in for this one for sure, just need to know a date..... should be able to get a few teams to enter from work too...lol

Open bay lodge sounds like a great place to have it (partner has camp down the road ;)

Heck I'll even help out if I can

Mike

If your not a Master Baiter, you'll never pull the big one!!

th_logo_teamnosa.jpg th_NSSAlogo.gif