• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kahnares

Stay-at-Home vs. Fishing - April 2021

Kahnares

Are you staying home or are you going fishing?  Maybe you're one of the lucky ones with a creek running through your yard so you can do both.

How does the Stay-at-Home order affect those folks who want to fish? Anybody know? Shorelines could be a little crowded with steelheaders but if you are lucky enough to find an empty stretch of shore, are you allowed to fish?

• Like 1

Fischer Fritz fischt frischen Fisch; frischer Fisch fischt Fischer Fritz.

Colep123

Well i believe it counts as your excercise/whatever. Aslong as your not bringing abunch of people along with you in public you should be fine i assume. Was like this last year. Didnt stop many people from social distance fishing. Just use common sence right. 

• Like 3

Wopfisher

You can still go fishing just keep your circle small or better yet go by yourself. If the rivers seem crowded use this year to go try new spots that don’t get as much traffic. I’m avoiding the ditch this year just because it’s been so crazy there the last few years. Other then that lots of water to explore and avoid people.

• Like 1

Amace04

Just like last time, this isn't truly a "stay at home" order.  There's a ton of allowable reasons to leave, including:  You're bored, you need to go shopping, and the all encompassing "Exercise".   Almost anything could be deemed exercise including running, walking, fishing, playing soccer, hanging out at the many parks which are still open, playing catch, golfing, wandering around Walmart, loitering at bus stops, Panhandling, getting breakfast, etc.

• Like 1

Kahnares

Panhandling! Never thought of that! Wonder what the pay is like...?

Fischer Fritz fischt frischen Fisch; frischer Fisch fischt Fischer Fritz.

Benji

Anyone telling me I can’t go fishing will be asked politely to move. If not they’ve brought whatever may happen upon themselves 

currently Doug Ford can suck my hairy... anyhow the fishing department at Walmart is closed so I’m a lil upset

• Like 3

Benji
1 hour ago, FishinFinn said:

Benji just drive your lawnmower down to the creek and they can’t say squat! 😜

Got something against the tractor?

Benji
1 hour ago, KalebG said:

DNR should still be open for curbside pickup. Not ideal but considering the ongoing circumstances with the decisions being made... I’d spend my money there any day over Walmart or big box stores.

walmart was just a handy stop, and seeing how far I can push my luck... sooner support dnr versus Walmart

• Like 1

rmayr

I fished all through the last stay at home order so I’ll be doing the same with this one. You’re still allowed to go outside for exercise and to obtain food. Glad I got most of my supplies at D&R before curbside started... there’s too much to choose from in the store! 

• Like 2

Amace04
15 hours ago, Kahnares said:

Panhandling! Never thought of that! Wonder what the pay is like...?

Depends how creative you are.   There was a guy by the Thunder Centre I saw a few years ago with a sign that he needs money for spaceship parts.  Another (or maybe the same guy) was wearing a cape and had a sign that read "SUPERBUM!"

I bet they do ok compared to others.

fishman1
2 hours ago, Amace04 said:

Depends how creative you are.   There was a guy by the Thunder Centre I saw a few years ago with a sign that he needs money for spaceship parts.  Another (or maybe the same guy) was wearing a cape and had a sign that read "SUPERBUM!"

Yes the same guy with a large Tim’s, pack of smokes, and Nike airs! Then off he went to the liquor store with his earnings!😂

I gave him my 2 cents worth? Get a job!

• Like 1

James01
3 hours ago, Amace04 said:

Somewhat off topic from stay at home fishing, but I work with the homeless, and I know SUPERBUM, and he is alright. At least he puts some effort into his panhandling ... costumes, creative signs, dancing, etc. 

• Like 1

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Amace04
1 hour ago, James01 said:

Somewhat off topic from stay at home fishing, but I work with the homeless, and I know SUPERBUM, and he is alright. At least he puts some effort into his panhandling ... costumes, creative signs, dancing, etc. 

Agreed.

Make me laugh, and I don't mind tossing you a few bucks.