• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Summit

Filled the Net

Philip

Awful. Good for you for cleaning up, people who leave that mess are not true sportsman.

FishinFinn

Shame on anyone leaving their garbage like this.

Summit

We all see this as trash and totally unacceptable, but what about cigarette butts....?

oyo

You can get free/by donation pocket ashtrays at ecosuperior on red river 

bin fishin lots

Im a fairly heavy smoker. I keep a zip lock bag for my butts and throw my used up netting from spawn sacs as well in it. I find it funny some steelheaders will take there spots to the grave with them but leave there tell tale sign of sac netting all over the place. Keep er clean and most guys will pass a spot by if they don't see signs of others!

• Like 2

Feldwebel Wolfenstool

...I found a plastic BBQ chicken container once,way out in the middle of no-where while staking a claim.  It must have been chucked from an airplane...

Sageboy

What about people trimming their yarns flies and leaving all the trimmings on the ground. In some places there is a rainbow of colours evrywhere.

Summit

Thank you! To be honest, I see some fishermen doing this. However, based on the number of butts I see on the river banks, you are one of a few. 

17 hours ago, bin fishin lots said:

Im a fairly heavy smoker. I keep a zip lock bag for my butts and throw my used up netting from spawn sacs as well in it. I find it funny some steelheaders will take there spots to the grave with them but leave there tell tale sign of sac netting all over the place. Keep er clean and most guys will pass a spot by if they don't see signs of others!

24 minutes ago, Sageboy said:

What about people trimming their yarns flies and leaving all the trimmings on the ground. In some places there is a rainbow of colours evrywhere.

Awe

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Feldwebel Wolfenstool said:

...I found a plastic BBQ chicken container once,way out in the middle of no-where while staking a claim.  It must have been chucked from an airplane...

My volcanology prof back in university always said she found balloons everywhere. Even on volcanoes where they got dropped off by a helicopter, always found balloons

Pound 4 Pound

Quit smoking then. I guess they should have built in ash trays in boats also

Foozer

Fished a river yesterday evening and thought I’d have a second look today after work.

Since yesterday some clowns left 8 empties behind on the bank.

Classless people.

So I picked them up and added them to what I’ve already picked up this year and will soon have enough for a dozen med/lrg minnows for opening day.

• Like 3

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

eyelander

I have an old picture from 40+ years ago (I'll see if I can find it) of my bud and I going into a stocked speck lake in the winter. We got to the spot and some ingrates were there the weekend before. Left all their beer empties(stubby bottles) on the shore, burnt the cases in the fire along with some broken bottles. Must have been a hot fire, the broken glass was fused together. We had walked in towing our gear on sleds. Got a few garbage bags out and when we finished the day fishing towed the empties and a lot of the broken glass out.

Counted them when we were back in town, 58 bottles.

Turned them in at the beer store, split the cash, went to D & R and bought fishing tackle.

• Like 2

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Summit
On 4/30/2021 at 10:33 PM, eyelander said:

I have an old picture from 40+ years ago (I'll see if I can find it) of my bud and I going into a stocked speck lake in the winter. We got to the spot and some ingrates were there the weekend before. Left all their beer empties(stubby bottles) on the shore, burnt the cases in the fire along with some broken bottles. Must have been a hot fire, the broken glass was fused together. We had walked in towing our gear on sleds. Got a few garbage bags out and when we finished the day fishing towed the empties and a lot of the broken glass out.

Counted them when we were back in town, 58 bottles.

Turned them in at the beer store, split the cash, went to D & R and bought fishing tackle.

Have to set the example, I guess.

The other day I was fishing downstream of a guy drinking a Tims.

He moved further upstream, leaving his cup and a few butts behind. 

As I headed out I scooped up his mug (haven't figured out what to do with the butts yet) in my net.

Walked right past him so my net almost hit him in the head.

Definitely got his attention :)

• Like 1