• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Some Old Guy

Does anyone care to engage on the current situation?

Some Old Guy

I’m talking about emergency lock down and how it affects out charter of freedom and rights with regards of our activities. 

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Snag???

&

• Thanks 1

hank

We have been trying to contact the health unit for an explanation of the camp rule. We have heard you can go to your camp or campground if you have a full season contract to open up. You can't stay for more than 12hrs or if you do stay longer you have to stay for 14 days. Also heard you can't leave for those 14 days. Don't make sense. We aren't leaving our health region to go to camp. It looks like an isolation period to me. Can anyone clarify?

Fishog

On Pinepoints facebook page they had this posted yesterday. for the boat launch. Wonder how it can be shut down to the public and crown land launches can open to the public? 

"Pine Pine Report May 14, 2020. The walleye opener is tomorrow!
But as per the order in place our launch is closed to the public until June 2nd. This has been verified with the TBPHU. I urge you to contact your local MP and the office of Doug Ford if you feel this unfair."

They also had this posted for more of the rules. 

168331058_1950745091730083_4865102622375863200_n.jpg

RLK

You can go for 24 hours or 14 days nothing in-between

Bobber Down
10 hours ago, Some Old Guy said:

I’m talking about emergency lock down and how it affects out charter of freedom and rights with regards of our activities. 

Many emergency measures imposed in response to COVID-19 could limit Canadians’ rights as guaranteed in the Charter.

If emergency measures adopted in response to the COVID-19 pandemic are challenged in court, governments will usually enjoy significant deference. In considering whether limits on Charter rights may be justified under s. 1, courts are unlikely to second-guess government decisions, necessarily made rapidly, about which measures were (or are) necessary to save lives. Nor, in the administrative law context, would courts quash emergency orders unless they rely on an unreasonable interpretation of the legislation under which they have been made. The single exception to the courts’ deferential posture would be in most challenges based on the division of powers; if the rules of Canadian federalism allegedly have been broken, then no deference is warranted unless Parliament is said to have invoked the emergency branch of its peace, order, and good government power.

Judicial oversight of government action is an essential feature of Canada’s legal landscape. Still, modern principles of public law have never been applied in a pandemic, or in its aftermath. In the coming months, courts may well have to apply those principles urgently, as the extraordinary measures implemented in response to COVID-19 implicate the interests of Canadian businesses, organizations, and individuals. The courts’ task in doing so – and the responsibility of governments – will be to ensure that Canada’s efforts to manage this crisis are consistent with our constitutional commitments and the rule of law.

For more info: https://www.mccarthy.ca/en/insights/articles/covid-19-limits-governments-emergency-powers

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Feldwebel Wolfenstool

"We're from the Government.  We're here to help you."      ...lol..

tna0066

They can write a ticket, or multiple tickets but will they fight them if challenged in court?

I am not holding back from enjoying land based activities, write me the ticket and i will gladly book time off work to show up and challenge it.

• Like 3

offroader

That about sums it all up.....  Carry on living --free of irrational fear.  

dazed.jpg

Russ
On 5/15/2021 at 7:47 PM, tna0066 said:

They can write a ticket, or multiple tickets but will they fight them if challenged in court?

I am not holding back from enjoying land based activities, write me the ticket and i will gladly book time off work to show up and challenge it.

you sound like a smart  person, I'm happy someone said it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!