• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
brookiebuster

Grouse numbers

brookiebuster

I know it’s still early in the season but has anyone else noticed less grouse than usual? I’ve been out half a dozen times and have seen one grouse each time. I usually don’t go out until later in the season and I do well every time.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Zackcorbin1401

I myself was thinking it was an above average year, been seeing tons all year fishing throughout the summer. I’ve hunted 6 days this fall and got my and the lady got her own limit almost everyday with lots of birds either running away or flying away before I can shoot em.

Lark

I've seen fewer along the roads, but more in the bush.  Could be the warm weather? I'm only guessing.

Sageboy

I 've seen quite a few this year and friends of mine have limited out. The numbers could be different in different locations. I believe there is more birds this year than last year.

Zackcorbin1401
4 hours ago, Sageboy said:

I 've seen quite a few this year and friends of mine have limited out. The numbers could be different in different locations. I believe there is more birds this year than last year.

Definitely agree with more this year. Even going 30 mins out of town I’ve been seeing a bunch and limiting out

nwodeerhunter

I’ve been out twice and have seen lots and got limits both days with plenty more getting away. 

Tikka T3 Stainless/Laminate 300 WSM
Tikka T3 Stainless/Synthetic .243Win
Benelli Supernova RealTree APG 12Ga.

Silver

Slim pickings up Dog River Road. Same as last year. Better east of town.

Snag???

&

Zackcorbin1401

Went out Saturday morning seen 21 lady and I shot out 5 each. Went out alone this morning and seen 9

LU_Tunafish

My observations line up well with Zackcorbin1401's. Lots of birds the few times I've been out. 

Peter grant

Was out twice 1st time only saw one but high wind in tree tops. Second time went out for 4 hours saw eight heard 9 limited out. Bush was just starting to thin . No road shots all back 10 to 15 feet in. Movement gave them up no peeps . 

Zackcorbin1401

Seen 30+ on Saturday in 2-3 hr