• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Big Moose

Anyone had any luck in the whitetail dept.

TANGLED

Our hunting party has been lucky enough to take a young bull moose and fill three surplus tags with nice looking does. If the early season is any indication, the next three weeks should be unreal.

TANGLED

Guest Dobsey

I dont hunt, but my uncle and his party have got 2 bucks, 2 bulls, a cow and a calf since the season has started.

Bear

Kinda slow for me,strange I've not really had this problem. :blink:

Saw 47 deer the other day, all on private property. Saw two real nice does on Sunday, both running show me their nice white tails. Lots of time yet.

Bear

eyelander

I could have shot a nice little 6-8 pointer 2 weekends ago, but I was unsure about a private property line the deer was near. It was standing perfectly broadside for about 3 minutes also, but was about 100 yds. away, and if the shot was not perfect, it could have made the property line. I have had them run off close to 200 yds. with a perfect lung shot, operating on sheer adrenaline.

That same day earlier, I spotted one crossing a clear spot behind me, but no opportunity to shoot. Worked it with bleats, grunts, a couple rattles, for over half an hour, no response, but I thought I heard a couple snaps in the distance. Was sitting quietly, not making any noise or moving, then it gave the alarm, blowing through its nostrils, lol. Woke me up fast. Could here it snorting away for 30 seconds, then the snorting got closer???? It turned around, and I saw its flag briefly through a lot of brush in a partial clearing. Still can't figger out how it got spooked. I investigated where it stopped and gave the alarm as there was snow on the ground, it could not see me, and I was downwind.

Darn!!!!

Later that day, in another area, spotted 2 does trying to cross the road we were coming down, but they bolted straight back into the bush.]

Then in the early afternoon, almost at the highway, in the middle of posted property, another deer jumps out onto the road in front of us, and trots down the road for a bit just to tease us, lol.

Oh well.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance