• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
firstice

Whitelily lake conditions

firstice

Anyone been out to whitelily lake up the 527 lately? I’ve been out a few times later in the season in past years but never this early. Wondering what the ice/slush conditions are like and if anyone has taken their sled on the lake? I usually just walk out and wanted to make sure I’ll be able to do that this week

wall-e

I was there 2 weeks ago. About 1-2 inches of slush and at least 6" of ice. We fished just off the north end of the lower bay. We walked out - landed 4 Northerns in about 90 mins of fishing and called it a day as the temps dropped and wind picked up.

Let me know how your trip goes this week - looking to get back there this weekend.

Dale

I heard there was perch in white Lilly, do you guys ever catch any or Is it just pike? Also is there anywhere to park there?

firstice
On 12/27/2022 at 12:01 AM, wall-e said:

I was there 2 weeks ago. About 1-2 inches of slush and at least 6" of ice. We fished just off the north end of the lower bay. We walked out - landed 4 Northerns in about 90 mins of fishing and called it a day as the temps dropped and wind picked up.

Let me know how your trip goes this week - looking to get back there this weekend.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately with the weather and road conditions yesterday didn’t end up getting onto the lake. Entrance to launch was pretty snowed in and didn’t want to leave the truck on the shoulder with the snow coming down the way it was. Shovelled a parking spot out before calling it quits though so hopefully that helps someone lol

Going to try and head out Saturday so if I am on the ice before you I’ll try and get an update!

Cheers

firstice
3 hours ago, Dale said:

I heard there was perch in white Lilly, do you guys ever catch any or Is it just pike? Also is there anywhere to park there?

I’ve heard perch too but I’ve only caught pike so far. Was hoping to get into some perch though! 

Also I’ve parked at the launch in the past but there was quite a bit of snow piled up from the last few days.. 

AaronC

Ive caught many small perch from shore in past years from the south end launch. My only ice fishing experience ended with us being skunked, so Im not sure the size of the perch.

Nwo_on_the_fly

Walk out by the first island 

wall-e
1 hour ago, Nwo_on_the_fly said:

Walk out by the first island 

Are you saying that's a general area for perch?

Nwo_on_the_fly
38 minutes ago, wall-e said:

Are you saying that's a general area for perch?

Walk out by the first island.   Yes and pike I’ve done really well. But normally when I’ve got onto a perch bite it wasn’t long before a pike showed up