• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bobber Down

Lake Nipigon camps

Bobber Down

Does anyone know how many privately owned camps there are on Lake Nipigon islands? Interested in Camps On Islands that already have a dock. How would one go about buying an island on Lake Nipigon? Thanks in advance for your help.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

naden

The one for sale is bonner island which was a lodge at one time. There’s another on paradise island that I believe was from the log drive days. I think there is one in the maccoon islands - don’t know anything about that one. And I think on the west side of the lake there is an island with some buildings that was part of a reserve if I remember right?

naden

The one for sale is bonner island which was a lodge at one time. There’s another on paradise island that I believe was from the log drive days. I think there is one in the maccoon islands - don’t know anything about that one. And I think on the west side of the lake there is an island with some buildings that was part of a reserve if I remember right?

mad scientist
20 hours ago, Bobber Down said:

How would one go about buying an island on Lake Nipigon? 

Only way you could do it is to find one that is already privately owned.  All Crown lands on Lake Nipigon are protected, they're not eligible for sale from the government.

I'm going out to fish. - John 21:3

naden
On 1/29/2023 at 1:15 PM, naden said:

Just realized I’ve got my names mixed up. Bonner island is big virgin island and paradise island is actually treasure island. There is also some private island cabins in South Bay. To anyone who has seen the chimney on big virgin, if you google “big virgin island lodge nipigon” there is some old photos of the lodge. Anyone know when it burnt down?

outofbounds

There is a 150+ acre parcel that has been listed recently on Jesse Lake, albeit not on Lake Nipigon but on the river system.

Appears to be lake access and possibly from the east side via old logging roads.

Occasionally there are properties listed on the southeast shore to the east of Poplar Point, pricey but world class fishing and no further development on the Lake Nipigon system.

Privately held properties typically do not last long when listed, and tend to only be listed when family members are not interested in the property.