• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
71iggy

Dog Lake Ice Fishing Access

71iggy

Good Day All,

Thinking about Ice fishing on Dog Lake, are there any roads plowed to drive out? Or is it walk/snowmobile only??

Thanks in advance!

Zackcorbin1401

There’s a few boat launches on the lake that could be access points for walking or sledding,(Gilbride road, pace lake road.) I’m sure I’m forgetting more I’ve allways heard there is not good ice on the best of years so be safe

FishinFinn

Extreme caution is needed on that lake. OPG controls water levels from the dam and makes ice unsafe and lots of ridges, etc

71iggy

Ok, thank you. I wondered about the quality of the ice for sure. I will probably stick to places I know and walk out. 

Adrian

As of last weekend, the ice on Dog Lake East Bay from Walberg Bay all the way up the East river was good going.  The only public landing close enough to walk out from is on Hawk Bay..  The roads to Pace Lake Landing or the Park are not plowed.

• Like 1