• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bobber Down

McVicar Creek Steelhead

Bobber Down

Trash left by some of Thunder Bays finest bridge trolls. Do they care? Probably not. Scared to think of what I might find further upstream. The spawn is near for the steelheaders.

mcv.jpg

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Bobber Down

Yep. There's no maid service along the creek. It's all washed into the lake now.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Big Guy

Leave it cleaner than you found it, that's my motto.  One year i walked in and out of little Hawkeye lake.   I ended up picking up 3 full 35"x50" Garbage bags worth of trash and a 24 of beer bottles.  Could have picked up more too but ran out of hands and arms to carry it.

As outdoors people, we know that no one else is going to do it.  All manner of individuals will continue to leave garbage so if we want it clean and it's safe to do so clean up what you can

• Like 2

eyelander

40 years ago a bud and I walked into Echo Lake. A bunch of guys had been in there sometime before us, got in by snowmobile before a big dump of snow. Set the lines then got to work at the fire pit. It was full of empty beer bottles, some broken, some melted. The cases were burnt up. We recovered 58 intact bottles. Packed them in garbage bags, left the broken ones as we could not carry them, they would have torn up the bags. Good thing it was downhill out of there. Turned them in to the beer store and bought tackle with the money.

• Like 1

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Zackcorbin1401

Allways gotta love the stroll down McCrack creek

Thefishleclair

Sounds like a Clean Up crew should be organized! 

Thunder Bay Fishing Board members get together???

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

JustMe

Maybe get the people staying in the tents to help clean up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Summit
18 hours ago, Thefishleclair said:

Sounds like a Clean Up crew should be organized! 

Thunder Bay Fishing Board members get together???

My suggestion is to have every steelheader put a small garbage bag in their vests everytime they go out.  On the walk in/out/along the river pick up some trash and pack it out.  Every river we fish should be trash free.  No excuses. 

• Like 2

Bobber Down

There are many active NSSA members. Maybe they can add McVicar and Current River/Fisherman's Park to their McIntyre clean up date. Members fish, take fish samples and do studies along both. The link to NSSA is below. Anyone can contact them and make suggestions on how to keep the rivers clean and litter free. Sadly, I'm sure they have heard it all before.

https://northshoresteelhead.com/about/news/clean-mcintye-river-banks-and-roadways

• Like 1

JustMe

They have done it before, probably be doing it again.

• Like 1

PkdR

The worst part is the needles on the ground… especially when wearing rubber boots!!!

• Like 1

Thefishleclair

Iwill not wade in the water there for that reason 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Bobber Down

Walked the dog today along the river from Cumberland up to River. No garbarge. No tents. No needles that I could see. Very clean actually. I was surprised. There was a couple of guys fishing. Low water. Never saw anything swimming or jumping. Too early yet for the Mcvic. Took a shot of the construction at River St.

IMG_1530a.jpg

TerJr

I walked along the water between 12:30 - 1:30, probably saw you. No sightings of any fish either, only saw a few needles down by the mouth at the lake. 

Zackcorbin1401

I gave it a go the other day and nothing… to be fair I didn’t put in much effort 

Snag???

&

TerJr

Wow, saw / caught nothing the other day. Near the waterfront? 

Snag???

&

nic-herr

definitely not 8 pounds highly disagree and you should not have lost it with that fly/spinning combo.

Nwo_on_the_fly
1 hour ago, nic-herr said:

definitely not 8 pounds highly disagree and you should not have lost it with that fly/spinning combo.

How do you know ? Were you there? 

nateandrychuk
4 hours ago, nic-herr said:

Who are you to question his fish? And to say he shouldn’t have lost one. Lossing fish is apart of fishing no matter how good you are you will lose fish, And to say not 8 pounds there’s nothing in the pic to give the fish perspective to judge the size and you can still tell it’s a good one. How about being a respectful angler and saying congrats on the catch and to bad you lost the other, and take the info in that they’re starting to run in micvicks. 

beartrack.jpg.1a43097fbd2f6250c49a780f32

Snag???

&

Snag???

&