• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bobber Down

2023 Ontario Fishing Regs

Bobber Down

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Feldwebel Wolfenstool

..eventually you'll need to graduate from a course at Confederation College to be able to interpret the legislation.  I wish they'd post the regulations for each waterbody as a separate entity...

• Like 2

mad scientist
On 5/20/2023 at 6:30 PM, Feldwebel Wolfenstool said:

..eventually you'll need to graduate from a course at Confederation College to be able to interpret the legislation.  I wish they'd post the regulations for each waterbody as a separate entity...

There are over 250,000 lakes in Ontario...it would make for a pretty fat book.  But you can click on any lake on the map in Fish OnLine, it will tell you what the regulations are.

• Like 1

I'm going out to fish. - John 21:3

Lark

I've noticed that not all lakes seem to be click on able. 

Do you think that means they're just too small or too remote? 

That's my guess.  If so... do we just follow zone regulations and plead ignorance if it hasn't been made public knowledge (were we to have accidentally transgressed)?

mad scientist
11 hours ago, Lark said:

I've noticed that not all lakes seem to be click on able. 

Do you think that means they're just too small or too remote? 

That's my guess.  If so... do we just follow zone regulations and plead ignorance if it hasn't been made public knowledge (were we to have accidentally transgressed)?

Yes, and Yes.  

I don't understand all the criteria for why you can't click on some of the smaller or more remote waterbodies.  But every waterbody that has a regulatory exception is supposed to be clickable...and in the absence of an exception, the zone regulations are the default.

As to pleading ignorance...you'll have to take that one up with your local CO.

• Like 1

I'm going out to fish. - John 21:3

Zackcorbin1401

Regulations book is pretty black and white and exceptions are clearly labelled for waterbodies with exceptions.