• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kahuna

Speckled Trout

Guest Kahuna

I really enjoy speckled trout fishing & I live in the south, what I was wondering are there places to fish the Nipigon River from the shore or banks??. I do not own a boat & would like to catch some to eat , 1 fish around 16 inches would keep me happy for the day & when is a good time to try for them I dont like to eat blackflies at the same time. Any help would be appreciated Thank You

Guest Dan

Minimum size to keep on the Nip is 22". Most of us up here frown on the thought of a 22" Brook Trout kept for the frying pan, but it is your legal right.

Guest loggerpete

Black Sturgeon road is where you wanna be.Ask M.N.R. and they`ll tell you where to go creek wise anyway.

Guest Kahuna

Black Sturgeon road is where you wanna be.Ask M.N.R. and they`ll tell you where to go creek wise anyway.

Thanks very much for the info on the speckles the minimum size 22 inches seems strange to me I dont like to keep any over 16. Thanks again

Guest Big Moose

Thanks very much for the info on the speckles the minimum size 22 inches seems strange to me I dont like to keep any over 16. Thanks again

Sort of depends on where your fishin,I freqently visit a lake up north of T.Bay that yields 2-4lb speckies although I don't take a limit of them,One sure is tasty on the B,B,Q.

12-16 inchers are geat too.

I must admit lake specs and river specs are two different games.

Guest Munshaw
what I was wondering are there places to fish the Nipigon River from the shore or banks??.

All brookie fishing around Nipigon R. is closed for the year until the Spring. You'll have to find a stocked lake to keep any fish. Stocking sheets can be found at the MNR Office on James St. I believe. (or try D&R Sports)

Macbook10
On 11/3/2006 at 7:36 PM, Guest loggerpete said:

Who do I get in contact with to find out? 

johnr

The fishing regulations issued yearly list additional fishing opportunities for stocked lakes. That is the guideline I use. If its a named lake I fish it. The MNR also has posted signs at these lakes indicating that they are stocked lakes as well ....however....I have seen that sign on the trail into Clegge but don't see it listed any longer as a stocked lake ? Fish Online no longer shows it being stocked either???? I don't need the "fifth degree in the field" so exclusively use the current fishing regs as gospel. The opening dates, limits and restrictions for stocked vs natural are clearly identified on them and therefore, I suggest, safe to use !? 

Wopfisher

Spec fishing in the creeks usually gets good mid June till about mid August I find. Any creek on the black sturgeon road is good just bring some bug spray and don’t be afraid to do some bushwhacking! Just be aware if you fish any of the rivers or creeks downstream of the highway flowing into superior there’s special regs that you would want to look up.

• Like 2

Pound 4 Pound

I have never seen that sign going into Clegge and I used to fish that and Long quite frequently. They have closed Clegge and Long lake as they are natural reproducing lakes from studies that were conducted.

Macbook10

anyone get out today for brookies in the rivers or creeks? went out got nothing talked to one guy said he got 2.

JohnZ

I understand you’re eager, but you don’t need to post the same comment in three separate threads that you resurrected.. most trout guys are going after rainbow right now I imagine. 

• Like 1

Snag???

&

• Like 1

Thefishleclair

They fat cause the rain washes food for em. 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Croat

don't fish any creeks going into superior cause they gotta be 22" any inland creeks are fine pickup regulation booklet ,you can get them anywhere for free from bait shops and sports stores for free and READ it

Snag???

&