• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Angler2847484

Fishing this fall

Angler2847484

Looking for advice/spots/expectations for fishing in September/October/November. What could I catch from shore? And are There certain setups I should be using. Never fished that late in the year except for whitefish. 

TerJr

It'll be my first fall doing so, but I'm expecting to be back out for brook trout in small streams / rivers and also having a 2nd round at steelhead, which from digging around this forum seems to be in full swing again around end of September through first ice up. I'll be running my fly rod with streamers / nymphs / egg pattersn and a float rod setup w/ spawn sacks for moving waters. From what I understand, trout will be much more active and easier to find with higher, colder water.

I've never fished for whitefish, but am interested in trying. How do you usually go about it? 

Benji

Stocked trout lakes are my “go to” once things cool off. keep in mind that wild brook trout are closed after labour day ish  so check regulations maybe 

James01

Angler

Benji provided good advice and suggestion … also, try the Kam. Fall is prime time in the Kam for a variety of species. Honestly, its the only time I frequent the river. Pinks should be coming in soon enough … start checking places like the Current River. 

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Snag???

&