• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Angler2847484

2023 fall salmon

Angler2847484

Was wondering if anyone’s caught any salmon in the rivers yet. Tried near the Alexander dam in nipigon from 7am-12pm with no luck. There were a good amount of people but didn’t see anyone catch anything. 

Zackcorbin1401

Yes, check out the post on nipigon river

• Like 1

TerJr

I've been trying my luck, nothing near Alexander Dam for me after a couple trips (shore fishing) and I've hit Wolf River a couple times but only managed to catch brook trout. Saw a huge dead coaster. I've heard of some catches and seen some in the other thread re: Nipigon River. 

Fishog
On 8/22/2023 at 9:23 AM, TerJr said:

I've been trying my luck, nothing near Alexander Dam for me after a couple trips (shore fishing) and I've hit Wolf River a couple times but only managed to catch brook trout. Saw a huge dead coaster. I've heard of some catches and seen some in the other thread re: Nipigon River. 

I used to fish at Alexander Dam in my boat. Many many years ago. Stayed at Hillside camp grounds just off the highway. Old fellow died and the place was sold and is not used for camp grounds anymore. Really to bad as it was a very nice spot to stay. I fished every inch of that river up to the dam and never caught one salmon but plenty of trout. Its hard to fish even in  boat near the dam as its fast moving water and you need to be on your toes or yo can end up back down river very fast. 

I prefer lake fishing to that fast moving water fishing. 

• Like 1

Snag???

&

rceme74

Hoping to head to the River this week. Are there many salmon caught or spotted. 

Zackcorbin1401
8 hours ago, rceme74 said:

Hoping to head to the River this week. Are there many salmon caught or spotted. 

Many caught in the last 2 weeks, seems to be quite a few big ones this year

Snag???

& save

PkdR

Has anyone had any luck recently at the nipigon river? ..hoping to go there tomorrow or Friday before hunting opens! Probably last trip of the year there!