• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Colep123

Fall salmon fishing in kam

Colep123

Hey guys, just wana pick some people’s brains on king salmon in the kam, as I’ve been seeing tons of them lately but none are biting, to be honest I thought I was seeing sturgeon splashing but no, I’ve had bites on skien last year, but should I wait till they are farther up river? Or be tossing spoons in a deeper pool? I’ve heard raps work but casting from shore can be kinda difficult. Anyways, thanks to anyone who shares an opinion or thought!!

Bobber Down

Wife and I have caught some over the years trolling at 10ft with #9 firetiger Flicker Shads (see some of my vids). Never this late though. Last week of August to about the end of the first week of Sept. They are getting darker even by that time. Like you said it's kinda difficult casting from shore. The only place I can suggest for that would be off and around the fishing platform closer to the lake in the east end. Deeper (use rattling diving cranks) and much cooler water for fresh fish entering the river. Good luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcaBWpdyehk

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Angler2847484

I’ve only had luck with pinks. Lots of pinks. Haven’t even seen any kings in the kam, lots in nipigon a couple weeks ago with only a bit of luck. 

Colep123

That is a giant king! Nice catch also thanks everyone for the replies! Yea I’ve had bites in october by the Stanley bridge but never caught anything yet!! I always have see them surfacing around tho this time of year. And this year I have seen Atleast 15 plus surfacing just behind the mill clear as day

Bobber Down

Behind the mill is where we have caught 99% of our Chinooks trolling.All accidental catches as we never target them. If you are fishing from shore behind the mill try casting off the high bank to the left. It's 10ft deep close to shore. Cast out as far as you can and aim between the two larger pilings you can see on the opposite shore. At the end of the main trail and as far down the shoreline trail to the right the water is a lot shallower with a lot more snags. Very easy to lose cranks. Keep trying. I know you will be successful.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!