• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Zackcorbin1401

ICE?

Zackcorbin1401

Whitefish lake

IMG_7119.jpeg

IMG_7118.jpeg

Fishog

Lac

396330852_6677624599022394_2862423531012603559_n.jpg

Thefishleclair

Time to hit the stocked speck spots!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Zackcorbin1401

Barely enough to stand on close to shore Mabye 1”... Tried 5 or 6 speck lakes in the areas aswell and all frozen over but less ice then whitefish and a few rainbow lakes wide open still

Fishog

This is going back a lot of years but I remember going to Whitefish on Nov 5th with a guy I worked with. We had our snow machines and were freaked out as there was very little snow but a good 5-6 inches of ice. You could see the air bubbles under the ice We fished till it got dark and all of sudden a 1967 chevrolet impala drove out from shore. We thought this not good and left. You could see the weight of the car made the ice flex into a blow around it but never broke through. Crazy Finlanders was my thought LOL 

• Like 1

James01
18 hours ago, Fishog said:

This is going back a lot of years but I remember going to Whitefish on Nov 5th with a guy I worked with. We had our snow machines and were freaked out as there was very little snow but a good 5-6 inches of ice. You could see the air bubbles under the ice We fished till it got dark and all of sudden a 1967 chevrolet impala drove out from shore. We thought this not good and left. You could see the weight of the car made the ice flex into a blow around it but never broke through. Crazy Finlanders was my thought LOL 

I opened this thread assuming someone is fishing whitefish already. ;)

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Zackcorbin1401

Has anyone been up 527 this week, higher up then about hwy 811? Probably going to bring the boat and the ice fishing gear not to sure what il be getting into I haven’t been up there in weeks now

TerJr

Can't speak directly to the region up 527 but with all this unseasonal warm weather, the ice I saw developing on some of my local shore spots has almost entirely melted

Benji

Was walking ice on whitefish, last weekend. Who knows with warm weather 

might go investigate tomorrow any rate

Zackcorbin1401

Got a good satellite image today finally after a week and where I’m looking… it’s definitely ice fishing time

Fishog

Chopped a hole through the ice in my pool this morning here in Kakabeka. During the warm spell the sides were melting pretty good. The colder nights froze it back up. The thickest part that I could reach to chop a hole was only about one and half inces. Was going to check out a few lakes today but I can wait :) 

Just need a week of cold nights to firm it all up again. 

Zackcorbin1401

since I just live down the road I went and checked it out whitfish lake last night for fun … 2 weeks ago I was walking on it and it is now completely open water end to end. Checked a bunch of small lakes in the area and most lost the all ice they had, some had a bit out in the center but water 10 ft around the edges. 

Fishog

One of my go to spots close to where I live. Early morning specs. 3 inches of ice and two feet of water. 

20231119_103354.png

20231119_103354.jpg

20231119_103242.jpg

• Like 2

Zackcorbin1401
3 hours ago, Fishog said:

One of my go to spots close to where I live. Early morning specs. 3 inches of ice and two feet of water. 

20231119_103354.png

20231119_103354.jpg

20231119_103242.jpg

I’m Going right now!

• Haha 1

Fishog

Yup some will know the landing, some will not.

going again in the morning

Never seen such big ones out of this lake before. 

Fishog

Also might try Bateman and Thunder as the road into both will be solid this time of the year. And no ticks LOL 

Zackcorbin1401
2 hours ago, Fishog said:

Yup some will know the landing, some will not.

going again in the morning

Never seen such big ones out of this lake before. 

It’s the broodstock brookies they put in there this year… not even posted online yet… 1 hour we iced a dozen or so between 2-5lb-> all released… I don’t wanna eat them nastys.

• Like 2

Benji
11 hours ago, Fishog said:

20231119_103354.png

20231119_103354.jpg

20231119_103242.jpg

Came here to post pics but it’s done for me lol! 4 fish this morning, maybe I’ll see you out there again

• Like 1

Zackcorbin1401

IMG_1034.jpeg

• Like 2

sinker7

Was up a little further north ... didn't bring the ice gear so had to look for open water. Took a while to find them but landed 14 walleye and 1 pike very very deep ...

20231111_152717.jpg

• Like 1

Zackcorbin1401
9 hours ago, sinker7 said:

Was up a little further north ... didn't bring the ice gear so had to look for open water. Took a while to find them but landed 14 walleye and 1 pike very very deep ...

20231111_152717.jpg

How far north was this picture?

sinker7

Graham area .... sorry tried to upload pics of the fish and such but having issues with this old computer.

PkdR

Looking for a couple new tip-ups from “Santa” haha. Does anyone have any suggestions on what they like/prefer/work best or ones to stay away from? 

thanks!