• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Zackcorbin1401

ICE?

sinker7

I have 4 of the H.T Enterprises 'Tip-ups' that are probably ranging between 25-35 years old. Used them constantly over the years for walleye, pike and lakers.  They work flawlessly. Highly recommended if the current product matches there past products. Never had any issues with them.

• Thanks 1

Zackcorbin1401
14 hours ago, PkdR said:

Looking for a couple new tip-ups from “Santa” haha. Does anyone have any suggestions on what they like/prefer/work best or ones to stay away from? 

thanks! 

Depends what you are looking for/or if you looking for hook setting capabilities or not…  for walleyes/perch/stocked trout I religiously I allways have a second line out with the black fox triggers and/or then the jaw jackers to a lesser extent just because way they set annoys me a bit having to have a loop on the end of the rod but for big baits and lake trout I use the frabill insulated tip ups with suckers on them but it does suck you don’t get a rod… I’m asking Santa for the finicky foolers with hole cover  as I’ve seen them out a few times and it’s a tip up that allows you to use the rod… very similar to the ifishpro but I find them too cumbersome to pack around and expensive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ekvin1

I also use the Black Fox Trigger and insulated Frabrill tip ups.  Have a few HT that I use if it is mild enough out to keep the hole open   Those Black Fox Triggers are nice, simple to rig and easy to pack.  When I first get to a lake, I drill a hole and set up a Trigger and then go drill other holes, check depths etc.  Often catch a fish on the Trigger while setting up rest of the holes and hut.

Let us know if you get any of those Finicky Foolers Zack, they looked promising.

• Like 2

Ekvin1

Was just up hwy 527.  If your going that way bring your auger!  Ran into 7.5 inches on Tuesday Lake. 

• Like 1

Zackcorbin1401

Put the beat down today.

IMG_1174.jpeg

• Like 1

kbrest
1 hour ago, Zackcorbin1401 said:

Put the beat down today.

IMG_1174.jpeg

Loftquist Lake produces again eh? 🤣

Pit Viper Club for the win...yours look fake though lol

• Like 1

Fishog

Lac

It’s getting closer! 5inches of black solid ice

screenshot-www.facebook.com-2023.11.26-17_17_58.png

• Like 1

Zackcorbin1401
2 hours ago, kbrest said:

Loftquist Lake produces again eh? 🤣

Pit Viper Club for the win...yours look fake though lol

They are double wides! Just got them the other day!

Bobber Down
3 hours ago, Zackcorbin1401 said:

Put the beat down today.

IMG_1174.jpeg

The secret of Loftquist has been revealed.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Zackcorbin1401
27 minutes ago, Bobber Down said:

The secret of Loftquist has been revealed.

It’s not I swear I swear!! 

Zackcorbin1401
On 11/22/2023 at 4:58 PM, PkdR said:

Looking for a couple new tip-ups from “Santa” haha. Does anyone have any suggestions on what they like/prefer/work best or ones to stay away from? 

thanks! 

I’ve never had it happen before but my jawjacker landed 2 fish on its own this weekend!! Was set so shallow I heard bells and came running and there was brook trout flopping on the ice… happened 2 times!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Bobber Down

How many Volts are you using Zack?

icefishgif.gif

• Haha 1

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

mitchh

Has anyone ever been to Golding lake near hazelwood was checking satellite couldn’t find a trail in but figured there must be something?

Bobber Down
3 hours ago, mitchh said:

Has anyone ever been to Golding lake near hazelwood was checking satellite couldn’t find a trail in but figured there must be something?

Welcome to the forum. Lots of info on Golding Lake. Have a read. ps: TIP for new members using the search feature - when doing a search on a specific lake or river or whatever put "quotation" "marks" at the beginning and ending. If you don't the results will contain every post with lake in it. In the golding lake example there will be about 23,575  results with only 22 being golding lake specific. If you search just golding there will be about 75 results.

22 results: https://fishingboard.thunderbayfishing.com/index.php?/search/&q="golding lake"&quick=1

75 results: https://fishingboard.thunderbayfishing.com/index.php?/search/&q=golding&quick=1

Also, don't be afraid to start your own new thread on a topic or lake. Hope all this helps out new members a bit.

Laplander
4 hours ago, mitchh said:

The trail access to Golding was off onion lake damn road then down Golding lake road. Have gone there for the last 15 years as I just live down the road until a new property owner posted the trail access as private and set up trail cameras.  I hear there may be another access trail from the end of onion lake road , but looking at land owner maps it’s looks to be private as well. Sure do miss going to that lake. 

• Thanks 1

mitchh
3 hours ago, Laplander said:

The trail access to Golding was off onion lake damn road then down Golding lake road. Have gone there for the last 15 years as I just live down the road until a new property owner posted the trail access as private and set up trail cameras.  I hear there may be another access trail from the end of onion lake road , but looking at land owner maps it’s looks to be private as well. Sure do miss going to that lake. 

Seems unfortunate they have stocked over 35,000 fish into a lake that is not accessible to the public, must be nice to be the land owner that has his very own stocked lake so close to town!

Feldwebel Wolfenstool

...a loop road (Dufault Rd.) will/might be completed this year...a portion of it is already completed, E. of (Green)PikeLk. ...it will cross the N.end of that pond N. of the N.E. end of Golding...

Laplander
11 hours ago, mitchh said:

Seems unfortunate they have stocked over 35,000 fish into a lake that is not accessible to the public, must be nice to be the land owner that has his very own stocked lake so close to town!

Yeah no kidding, the wife and I tried snowshoeing in from further down onion lake damn road from Default lake last year ,  but the terrain was just way too steep and rocky combined with the deep snow. Wasn’t worth the headache. Have pulled some nice sized fish from Golding. 

Thefishleclair
2 hours ago, Feldwebel Wolfenstool said:

...a loop road (Dufault Rd.) will/might be completed this year...a portion of it is already completed, E. of (Green)PikeLk. ...it will cross the N.end of that pond N. of the N.E. end of Golding...

Gunna have to go fer a rip and see!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Fishog

From Shackslanding on Lac.

"We’ve all been patiently waiting for this! We have a trail marked to the Darby site. Thanks to Bruce and it is good black ice 6 to 8 inches thick. There is one bad spot before Birch Island. There is a pressure ridge and there’s only 3 inches of ice but you can go around it. We’ve had quads and snow machines out there yesterday and today and fisherman, catching Pickerel and pike! No truck traffic as of yet. We still need a little bit more ice. Pray for cold weather and happy fishing guys.🐟🐟🐟"