• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Zackcorbin1401

ICE?

minnow

Open Bay Lodge is on Facebook and they’ve put out a couple posts showing the ice thickness at that end. 

Bobber Down

BIGFOOT spotted on ice at Open Bay Lodge

big.jpg

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Angler2847484

What depths do brookies tend to hang around this time of year in stocked lakes? I’ve been catching small ones, but nothing over the 8-10” size. 

Feldwebel Wolfenstool
20 minutes ago, Angler2847484 said:

What depths do brookies tend to hang around this time of year in stocked lakes? I’ve been catching small ones, but nothing over the 8-10” size. 

..I fished like an idiot for YEARS until I learned that brook trout inhabit water six feet or less during the Winter...

• Like 2

Zackcorbin1401
21 hours ago, Angler2847484 said:

I usualy fish 0-10ft for brookies but Big broods always almost under 3ft

Woodstockfisherman

Hi, has any one tried any of the small lakes around whitefish lake. I’ll be walking out, I’m just a little nervous about all this warm weather. Is it safe to go out now. Would like to get out there while I’m off work for the week. Thanks in advance for any info. 

SUB1

Was at a small lake in ouimet canyon today. Ice was over 8" thick.  But have to look out for areas where there's current flow. Check with an axe or spud bar. Safe travels 👍

• Like 1

Mooseman1653

Good day all…….

looking for an ice report from somebody who when somewhere and did something still have a week off work and got the itch hard.

willing to go exploring but would rather have it and not need it but also no point in bringing it if it’s pointless……(ie sleds/side by side) 

Zackcorbin1401
13 hours ago, Mooseman1653 said:

Good day all…….

looking for an ice report from somebody who when somewhere and did something still have a week off work and got the itch hard.

willing to go exploring but would rather have it and not need it but also no point in bringing it if it’s pointless……(ie sleds/side by side) 

I was in near the border area/dev road and had 11-12 of ice. And 11” boreal way… not on any big and deep laker waters tho.

poz

Up 527. About 1hr. 15” ice no snow to speak of. Definite quad in. 

FishinFinn

I was south of TBay and found 10” down to 3” ice on the same small lake. Stay safe out there! 

Barrski

IMG_2603.thumb.jpeg.a73e620506bdca933efe8b5cc7bd63ff.jpegIgnace area lakes, no snow 

• Like 1

PkdR

Does anyone happen to know if Adrian Lake Rd. Is plowed?

..Looking to hopefully fish Adrain Lake this week with my son but just wondering if I need a machine or if I can get close to the lake without.

Thank you in advance 

Fishog
6 hours ago, PkdR said:

Does anyone happen to know if Adrian Lake Rd. Is plowed?

..Looking to hopefully fish Adrain Lake this week with my son but just wondering if I need a machine or if I can get close to the lake without.

Thank you in advance 

If you go out could you give an update on road conditions up there.

Thanks

Brice

Adrian is not plowed. lots of ice. got the truck in but definitely needed 4 wheel drive

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bobber Down
2 hours ago, Brice said:

Adrian is not plowed. lots of ice. got the truck in but definitely needed 4 wheel drive

Welcome to the site! Thanks for posting.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Angler2847484

How solid is superior currently? 

Zackcorbin1401
3 hours ago, Angler2847484 said:

How solid is superior currently? 

Which part of superior? 16% ice coverage spanning all the Great Lakes currently so it’s not much.

BigBass14

Anybody got an ice report for Silver Harbour?

Zack Melvin
7 hours ago, BigBass14 said:

Anybody got an ice report for Silver Harbour?

Was out there yesterday checking things out I would stay away for a while. I kicked the ice near shore and my boot went right through not safe at all especially with this warm weather coming in. Also there is a big ice ridge maybe 100-150ft out from shore

Fishbone

Anybody been on the ice at Silver Harbour recently?  Has the recent cold weather helped much?

Thanks.

Fishbone

Oops, didn't see last entry.  There goes that idea 😕

James01

Any word on Arrow? Thanks in advance.

J. 

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau