• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Zackcorbin1401

ICE?

Zackcorbin1401
12 hours ago, Fishog said:

From Shackslanding on Lac.

"We’ve all been patiently waiting for this! We have a trail marked to the Darby site. Thanks to Bruce and it is good black ice 6 to 8 inches thick. There is one bad spot before Birch Island. There is a pressure ridge and there’s only 3 inches of ice but you can go around it. We’ve had quads and snow machines out there yesterday and today and fisherman, catching Pickerel and pike! No truck traffic as of yet. We still need a little bit more ice. Pray for cold weather and happy fishing guys.🐟🐟🐟"

Good to see! I can’t see anything they post. Going out this weekend can’t wait for some walleyes!!!

• Like 1

tbayfinn
On 12/2/2023 at 1:18 PM, mitchh said:

Has anyone ever been to Golding lake near hazelwood was checking satellite couldn’t find a trail in but figured there must be something?

You could bushwhack from Dam Rd. across Crown land to the lake up the hill (mountain). Please make sure that you flag the "path" for others to follow...;)

Golding.jpg

tbayfinn
On 12/3/2023 at 8:14 AM, Feldwebel Wolfenstool said:

...a loop road (Dufault Rd.) will/might be completed this year...a portion of it is already completed, E. of (Green)PikeLk. ...it will cross the N.end of that pond N. of the N.E. end of Golding...

That road extension toward Golding is not in the work plan for this year, but sometime before 2030....

Dufault Rd..jpg

mitchh

Any update from this week on lac ice conditions with this mild weather, any new sketchy spots on the marked trail to birch or just past? 

Fishog

Fron Shacks Landing Facebook page someone posted that there is still just 8 inches. Nothing has really changed according to them. 

Fishog

tbayfinn
3 hours ago, leafsfan2point0 said:

Any chance Black Bay will be safe anytime soon? Thanks

Here is a satellite image from yesterday. With no snow it should be freezing well, not sure how thick it is though.

Black Bay Dec 12, 2023.jpg

• Thanks 2

Adrian

And Dog Lake is still pretty much wide open....darn

Benji
4 hours ago, Adrian said:

And Dog Lake is still pretty much wide open....darn

hawkeye is froze enough to fish, should be same species🤷

Adrian

I am not after fishing, I want to get to my water access camp.

lexington2
20 hours ago, tbayfinn said:

Here is a satellite image from yesterday. With no snow it should be freezing well, not sure how thick it is though.

Black Bay Dec 12, 2023.jpg

where are you getting the daily images from?

Fishog

Adrian

yes, I have been using that site for years.  It has recently changed, and like the old site batter.  

Adrian
Just now, Fishog said:

screenshot-apps.glerl.noaa.gov-2023.12.14-09_22_55.png

You can see Dog Lake is wide open

tbayfinn
43 minutes ago, lexington2 said:

where are you getting the daily images from?

I like this one much better than the NOAA one. You can set the maximum cloud cover and the calendar function will show you what days have good images. Copernicus Browser

Fishog
On 12/6/2023 at 12:08 PM, tbayfinn said:

You could bushwhack from Dam Rd. across Crown land to the lake up the hill (mountain). Please make sure that you flag the "path" for others to follow...;)

Golding.jpg

If this weather keeps up I just might take the dog for a walk one of these days. I like the lower trail but youu could also go around the other side. EIther way it will be up hill and back down to the lake. I know when I was going in there back in the 70's-80's there was a skidder trail along the lake shore. Most likely all grown in now but would make it easier to walk the shore line once you get to the lake. 

Screenshot_20231214_133021_BRMB Maps.jpg

Opera Snapshot_2023-12-15_135000_www.brmbmaps.com.png

Zackcorbin1401
5 hours ago, tbayfinn said:

I like this one much better than the NOAA one. You can set the maximum cloud cover and the calendar function will show you what days have good images. Copernicus Browser

That ones nice when there’s no clouds ☁️ sometimes you can’t get a good pic for a week or more.

Zackcorbin1401

IMG_7512.jpeg

• Like 1

Zackcorbin1401

10” of ice where I was near the border waters

Fishog

Over ten inches on a spec lake not far from KB, maybe a 10 minute drive up the highway. Totally unreal how I can drive in 5.5Km on a cut road that never gets plowed in the winter and have my running shoes on and no gloves or mitts. LOL 

20231221_105707.jpg

vlcsnap-2023-12-21-13h46m03s862.png

Porkchop21

Anyone been out in the Pine Point area at Lac yet? Looking for ice thickness and if it’s safe at that end yet.