• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Fishog

New 24 hour bait fridge in Kakabeka

Fishog

The old cop shop, and old Macsemchuk bait shop has minnows in the outside fridge. People fron Enders road is stocking the fridge. Know nothing about them but its another place to get bait in Kakabeka. 

screenshot-www.google.com-2023.12.19-14_51_35.png

• Like 1

Zackcorbin1401

Sweet! Will have to check it out I have not been happy with KB bait situation the last few months…

FishinFinn
2 hours ago, Zackcorbin1401 said:

Sweet! Will have to check it out I have not been happy with KB bait situation the last few months…

Agreed! 

Fishog

If you know your heading out and need a certain size give them a text and let them know. I'm sure if they can fill your order they will be happy to do so. 

Remember they are just starting out and trying to see how this will go. 

20231220_083923.jpg

20231220_083936.jpg

20231220_083957.jpg

Zackcorbin1401

9$ MEDIUMS!!!!! Ya never mind 😂

Rene

Yikes!! I'm with U Zack!  Never pay more then $7 for Mediums. Even that's pushing the envelope!

• Like 1

Fishog

Not much different then the Falls Bait shop except this new one gives you 15 minnows and calls it a dozen. Thats the very generest part they are talking about.

Here is the Falls bait list.

** NOW IN EFFECT**
We did a little reorganizing of our bait lineup. ( minnows )
We have decided to remove the medium/large size from our tanks for a number of operational reasons.
We will now offer only Small / Medium / Large / XLarge for our minnow sizes.
Prices will slightly adjusted, and will reflect the new bait sizing.
Small. $6
Med. $8
Large $10
XL $13
• All prices in store Include tax as usual •

And if you read the sign it says you get more then a dozen from the new guy in town. SUre beats runnig to town to get bait thats for sure.

20231220_083936.jpg.f0ee2f0ce5598a9b6d4f2128133158e0.jpg

Zackcorbin1401

I see why medium/large is left out but in a volume based business but  there will be problems or already is to why they are getting mixed with mediums at multiple bait shops…most people don’t buy medium large, but there definitely is some. I do think they are necessary to have as people do not want that size mixed with mediums nor do they want to pay for them being in there, in my opinion this is just going to heavily put sales on smalls… Ive worked at bait shops for years, I see peoples trends and how and what they buy as prices raise or the scenario I see being most likely is people buying 1 dozen compared to when people would usually buy 2 dozen… which is also lost sales and sales volume but Buying bait is a part of my weekly rituals… gas,bait,beer. 8$ isn’t a bad for a. “Generous” dozen but if it came down to 7$ now we are talking… just ranting

Fishog

The last time I bought medium minnows from "The Falls Bait Shop" I was not paying attention and when my son and I got to Nelson Lake to go fishing I was really pissed off about the size. They were more like pin minnows for thier size.I complained to the owner and basically they just gave me the finger. So having a different option out here is really nice. The one thing I wish the new bait fridge had was worms or leaches. So far all I have seen is minnows. 

Zackcorbin1401
4 minutes ago, Fishog said:

The last time I bought medium minnows from "The Falls Bait Shop" I was not paying attention and when my son and I got to Nelson Lake to go fishing I was really pissed off about the size. They were more like pin minnows for thier size.I complained to the owner and basically they just gave me the finger. So having a different option out here is really nice. The one thing I wish the new bait fridge had was worms or leaches. So far all I have seen is minnows. 

A different option is very nice and I will be trying it out. Worms and leeches would be nice, honestly for worms Canadian tire is where it is at

Zackcorbin1401
4 minutes ago, Fishog said:

A different option is very nice and I will be trying it out. Worms and leeches would be nice, honestly for worms Canadian tire is where it is at

Fishog

Yup, miss Larry as the bait shop. Sad he passed so soon after retiring. I sold him my old truck so he could go get bait. Great guy and always had a story to tell. Found out to never tell him were you were going fishing as he would spread the word LOL 

Feldwebel Wolfenstool

...I ran a bait shop for three months 6 am to 10 pm just to save some money to buy dynamite...

• Haha 1

Rene

At bait shops u gotta check what you're buying 1st. A lot of them sell "mediums"that are now the "new smalls"!! Or like Fishog say's "pin minnows"! Make sure u check out the minnow species as well. Those blunt nose minnows don't last long in the bucket and don't attract walleye either. (at least 4 me!)  During open water season best to try and trap your own.  Also try and frequent a bait shop that has provided good quality,quantity, and service for u in the past. Pays dividends down the road. Hey Zack aren't the Medium Large the new Mediums!! Worms work well for me especially in late July and August. So don't be afraid to mix things up a bit. Gulp minnows as well as rubber baits have saved the day at times.

pikepounders

Saw the sign but didn't bother to stop, this is good information. A generous doz is usually enough for a day trip. Beats paying for 2 doz.