• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Kory

BLACK BAY

Kory

Talk to me folks. Who’s been out there lurkin? 

Fishog

The THunder Bay News is reporting on the upcoming warmer temps and mentioned that people have been out on Blak Bay fishing.

https://www.nwonewswatch.com/local-news/deep-freeze-expected-to-subside-8128841?utm_source=tbnewswatch.com&utm_campaign=tbnewswatch.com%3A outbound&utm_medium=referral

therealfndeal

Last weekend 13 inches ice 

Fishog

I have never fished it in the winter. Where does one get onto the ice? And where do people fish? Guessing its mostly pirch? 

Ekvin1

You can access the bay at the Hurkett Cove Dock.  Most people fish for perch as walleye is closed northward of Bent Island.  The fishing area is generally pretty far out from the dock, 10 to 13 km to where most people are fishing.  13 inches of ice isn't enough for me to wander out there thou lol.  Beautiful out there when there is enough ice to fish.  

Screenshot_20240119-164938_Google Earth.jpg

• Like 1

PajamaSquirrel

There is a good report on CBC radio with Gord Ellis interviewing Corey Hayward, owner of Black Bay's Bear Trak Outfitters.  They discuss the ice conditions and were planning to open their shacks this weekend.

Black Bay interview

Cheers