• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Big Guy

Insulated Hub Shelters

Big Guy

Just curious what you guys and gals are using for insulated hub shelters.  I have been using an uninsulated Frabill for the last couple of years and I am looking at upgrading to an insulated shelter to make camping a little more enjoyable and save a few canadian copeks $$$ on Propane.  

Zackcorbin1401
3 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Just curious what you guys and gals are using for insulated hub shelters.  I have been using an uninsulated Frabill for the last couple of years and I am looking at upgrading to an insulated shelter to make camping a little more enjoyable and save a few canadian copeks $$$ on Propane.  

Go otter! Eskimo is nice too both are good.

I’ve had frabills, eskimos and now the last 3 years I’m using the otter (I have the lodge and new to me this year monster lodge for camping trips). Depends what size you are looking for and how many people you fish with… whatever brand you choose take the amount of people they rate it for and divide it by 2 that would be how many you can comfortably fish.Both have full walk through doors . Otter is a bit better in the wind with the strap system that doesn’t lift up off the ice also the bag is definetly easier to put the hut in with otter aswell when it’s covered in snow and ice. Message me if you wanna talk about it more. I’m hard on gear and they get well used every single week… done me well.

• Like 2

Lakertaker

I've got an insulated eskimo , and and an  insulated Clam , the clam being bigger . Warmth wise I find my eskimo much warmer and holds the heat in better , which is surprisingly as the clam has a higher rating of insulation . Also worth noting ,my clam has sewn in window where as the eskimo has velcro sealed windows which is nice for nice days . 

• Like 1

Zackcorbin1401
1 hour ago, Lakertaker said:

I've got an insulated eskimo , and and an  insulated Clam , the clam being bigger . Warmth wise I find my eskimo much warmer and holds the heat in better , which is surprisingly as the clam has a higher rating of insulation . Also worth noting ,my clam has sewn in window where as the eskimo has velcro sealed windows which is nice for nice days . 

I didn’t know the clam windows are sewn in. I like how my otter is Velcro… i usualy  rip a window or two off when it gets to hot inside

Mooseman1653

Depends on amount of use …..if you are a once in a while person the woods ice house is perfect when Canadian tire puts them on sale run u about $350 ish ( won one at shag very surprised at the quality) ……if your a more serious person and willing to spend a few bucks I would go otter lodge, I will agree that my Eskimo is a touch warmer in the super cold situations but the full door on the otter makes a world of difference especially with kids, dogs, gear etc 

Zackcorbin1401
On 1/20/2024 at 12:14 AM, Mooseman1653 said:

Depends on amount of use …..if you are a once in a while person the woods ice house is perfect when Canadian tire puts them on sale run u about $350 ish ( won one at shag very surprised at the quality) ……if your a more serious person and willing to spend a few bucks I would go otter lodge, I will agree that my Eskimo is a touch warmer in the super cold situations but the full door on the otter makes a world of difference especially with kids, dogs, gear etc 

Eskimo also have full doors now.

• Like 1