• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Harls_237

Lakes with visible water springs

Harls_237

Random question I know..

I know lots of lakes in the area are spring fed, I am wondering if on any of them, you can visually see where the spring is pumping into the lake? Like disturbed/bubbling water, or no ice in the dead of winter.  Sort of like where the mill pumps water into the Kam River.   

Also, any easily accessible springs to fill up water bottles and such?  When I lived in NL there were quite a few people would use on the side of the highway. 

Thanks in advance ! 

naden

There’s one just passed the bridge in kekebeka on the south side of highway. Often people filling jugs there. There’s also one on the road side of iron range lake about midway down and another on the beach at northern light. Those are the only I can think of. Must be some around whitefish as the road is often ice and the resort is named artesian wells

Sageboy

There is a spring with a filler hose right across from the Stanley hotel or right beside the fire station.

Fishog
2 hours ago, Sageboy said:

There is a spring with a filler hose right across from the Stanley hotel or right beside the fire station.

Is that one still in use? Thought they shut that one down do to pollution from the gravel pit up above.

Sageboy

Not sure. I haven't been there since last year but it was there then.

Harls_237

Thanks for the answers!  I'll check them out !

Fishog

Just remember we country folk rely on these springs during the winter to help with water suppy as the water table drops this time of the year with no snow or rain. If you use them respect them. Don't leave your garbage there for someone to clean up. The one in KB after the bridge gets used by city folk and sorry to say you guys are pigs. You have running water in town. People out here need these springs to get water to make coffee in the morning. I do not think most city folks have that problem. 

Harls_237
On 3/7/2024 at 4:37 PM, Fishog said:

Just remember we country folk rely on these springs during the winter to help with water suppy as the water table drops this time of the year with no snow or rain. If you use them respect them. Don't leave your garbage there for someone to clean up. The one in KB after the bridge gets used by city folk and sorry to say you guys are pigs. You have running water in town. People out here need these springs to get water to make coffee in the morning. I do not think most city folks have that problem. 

Hey Fishhog 

I get where you are coming from.  Not my intention to leave garbage or anything, or really use them tbh. Just good to know where there in case you get into a pinch. I know one up the 527 that has helped me out a couple times in the past. 

Plus, I was more interested in my first question about spring fed lakes.  😛

Cheers

naden
2 hours ago, Harls_237 said:

Hey Fishhog 

I get where you are coming from.  Not my intention to leave garbage or anything, or really use them tbh. Just good to know where there in case you get into a pinch. I know one up the 527 that has helped me out a couple times in the past. 

Plus, I was more interested in my first question about spring fed lakes.  😛

Cheers

I’ve never seen a spring visibly pumping into a lake but I’ve always wondered if that exists