• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Colep123

Steehead

Colep123

Well I’ll be that person, what’s everyone thinking, seeing it’s April and we just got some snow finally lol. Seen some people tossing spoons at the kam the other week. 

Thefishleclair

:fire:  Should be hearing of reports soon. 

• Thanks 1

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Feldwebel Wolfenstool

...mid-August is my steelhead season...

2006_9_07 Paul's Pix 014.jpg

• Thanks 1

dawson

Seasons cancelled don’t bother going out 

• Haha 1

Colep123
2 hours ago, dawson said:

Seasons cancelled don’t bother going out 

I think I can taste the salt in the air already

kbrest

Its starting to be on pace for a very low water season if we do not get any good rain. Even after a fast melt with the snow. We had a very low water season, I think 2010 or 2011? Where fish came in and you could literally see every single fish. The spots where its usually deepest were crossable with rubber boots. Did this stop people from tossing hooks across the schools? No. Was a snagfest and sad. Its shitty when it happens but when that water is trickle low its best to just let them be. No sport to it at that point. Gotta have those high chocolate milk water early to flush out the rivers, then the slow drop and the fishings good. Heres to hoping. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Colep123
46 minutes ago, kbrest said:

Its starting to be on pace for a very low water season if we do not get any good rain. Even after a fast melt with the snow. We had a very low water season, I think 2010 or 2011? Where fish came in and you could literally see every single fish. The spots where its usually deepest were crossable with rubber boots. Did this stop people from tossing hooks across the schools? No. Was a snagfest and sad. Its shitty when it happens but when that water is trickle low its best to just let them be. No sport to it at that point. Gotta have those high chocolate milk water early to flush out the rivers, then the slow drop and the fishings good. Heres to hoping. 

Well yea I mean, kinda obvious, we live in thunderbay, and our COs aren’t the greatest lol when did anyone get a ticket doing that to salmon? Maybe you spoke out to those ppl hopefully lol and told them it’s wrong, but regardless like I said it’s Thunder Bay lol.. let’s say we actually get some needed rains, I don’t think most people are gonna be fishing their usual spots this year either, tons of pools through out the kam river. 

Zackcorbin1401
20 hours ago, Colep123 said:

Well yea I mean, kinda obvious, we live in thunderbay, and our COs aren’t the greatest lol when did anyone get a ticket doing that to salmon? Maybe you spoke out to those ppl hopefully lol and told them it’s wrong, but regardless like I said it’s Thunder Bay lol.. let’s say we actually get some needed rains, I don’t think most people are gonna be fishing their usual spots this year either, tons of pools through out the kam river. 

I wouldn’t agree with you to say the co’s aren’t the greatest that’s just not fair to say, I think many of them are doing a great job but there’s only a few of them and we have a whole lot of land to cover so they obviously can’t be everywhere all at once but that being said Many many people received tickets for snagging salmon in the fall… they are allways watching 👀.

• Like 2

Fishog

Algoma-Manitoulin MPP Michael Mantha says Ontario's conservation officers are underpaid, and many are leaving the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry because they can make more money elsewhere.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/sudbury-conservation-officers-pay-retention-opseu-1.6637117

Zackcorbin1401
8 minutes ago, Fishog said:

Algoma-Manitoulin MPP Michael Mantha says Ontario's conservation officers are underpaid, and many are leaving the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry because they can make more money elsewhere.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/sudbury-conservation-officers-pay-retention-opseu-1.6637117

It is true they are underpaid and many are going the police route

Colep123
1 hour ago, Zackcorbin1401 said:

It is true they are underpaid and many are going the police route

Yea I should re word that, more or less the thing I’m getting at is, you would think, you would see them around more considering it’s a vulnerable area

Trout Wrangler

Anyone tried up around stanley area?

Zackcorbin1401

Reminds me… I gotta get a new steelhead rod this year after using it as a sword on a tree😊

• Haha 1

Thefishleclair
5 hours ago, Zackcorbin1401 said:

Reminds me… I gotta get a new steelhead rod this year after using it as a sword on a tree😊

Did ya see a spider on the branch?

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Zackcorbin1401
2 hours ago, Thefishleclair said:

Did ya see a spider on the branch?

Weeks of Long days fishing, lack of sleep and being hangry and cold makes you do things you normally wouldn’t when you get a snag 😂

Trout Wrangler

oyo
On 4/8/2024 at 5:46 PM, Zackcorbin1401 said:

Weeks of Long days fishing, lack of sleep and being hangry and cold makes you do things you normally wouldn’t when you get a snag 😂

Been there, I ended up climbing the tree hanging over the river with a hatchet and vengeance on my mind. 

• Like 1

Bobber Down

Saw 3 caught in about 5 minutes walking the trail along McVicar's yesterday between Cumberland and Court. The run is in full on spawn mode there. 

IMG_1717a.jpg

IMG_1718a.jpg

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Zackcorbin1401
13 hours ago, Bobber Down said:

Saw 3 caught in about 5 minutes walking the trail along McVicar's yesterday between Cumberland and Court. The run is in full on spawn mode there. 

IMG_1717a.jpg

IMG_1718a.jpg

It’s been going good for quite a while now!