• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

twisty

Steelhead rivers up highway 17?

twisty

Hey folks,

I have been enjoying fishing for steelhead in town on the Mcintyre and Neebing (just got my first one on the pin!), but looking to get out a bit more and do some exploring.

What rivers have decent runs of steelhead going up 17? I have heard of the Wolf for salmon, do steelhead run there as well and would the run be going on now? Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks!

naden

Pretty much any river that has enough water for a fish to swim will get a steelhead run. Wolf river is a black bay tributary and i”ve heard that the black bay population of steelhead is not what it used to be. 

sport

We were at the Wolf River yesterday and there was nobody there except us for the morning. We fished down from the highway and did not see or catch anything and then we fished up from the highway towards the dam and we did not catch anything. Then we went down stream via the road on the top of the highway heading towards the lake , I think it was called black Bay Road about 200 yards up the highway past the bridge, turn right. . Just before the railway tracks there is a road  ( first road past the yellow private gate )    Kind of right beside the gate, that takes you down to the river with some nice sand bars and gravel bars and we checked that out. Stand on the railway  bridge and look down stream at the gravel bars.    No fish and water is extremely low. They might run this week if we get some rain. 🧐. You can check all of these little roads and river bends on Google Earth or Google maps.
have fun 🤩 

Zackcorbin1401

None of the rivers in town or outside of town  are looking very good for water levels rightnow and getting lower And lower by the day.

twisty

Thanks for the answers everyone, fingers crossed for a big rain!