• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest TerryK

Steelhead fishing.......

Guest TerryK

......waiting.........chew nails.........watch tv..........tie some flys..........clean gunk out of the vest.........watch more tv..........try to sleep.........wander house..........clean reels............stare at the little streams of melt water imagining the real thing.........put band-aids on bleeding nails.............try to get that awful smell out of the waders (good luck with that.....)........look out the window for patches of grass in the snow........check the roe supply in the freezer.............check the weather........chew band-aids..........drive by 5 rivers looking for a hint of open water.................watch more tv..............buy more gear to stuff in the already overflowing vest.........stare at the mini streams on the street again (is that a tiny fish in there??)..........wander the house some more..............check the freezer for the 147th time...........load everything in the truck...........try to sleep.........unload the truck so everything doesn't get stolen in the MONTH before fishing starts..........

wait......

wait......

wait......

DAMN its snowing again!!!.....

wait........

Castnblast
......waiting.........chew nails.........watch tv..........tie some flys..........clean gunk out of the vest.........watch more tv..........try to sleep.........wander house..........clean reels............stare at the little streams of melt water imagining the real thing.........put band-aids on bleeding nails.............try to get that awful smell out of the waders (good luck with that.....)........look out the window for patches of grass in the snow........check the roe supply in the freezer.............check the weather........chew band-aids..........drive by 5 rivers looking for a hint of open water.................watch more tv..............buy more gear to stuff in the already overflowing vest.........stare at the mini streams on the street again (is that a tiny fish in there??)..........wander the house some more..............check the freezer for the 147th time...........load everything in the truck...........try to sleep.........unload the truck so everything doesn't get stolen in the MONTH before fishing starts..........

wait......

wait......

wait......

DAMN its snowing again!!!.....

wait........

Castnblast

...sounds like cabin fever Terry

Easter is just around the corner,

jk

Guest Beamer

You've been spying on me haven't you Terry, its not nice to make fun of me you know! Oh well I have my inspiration photo, you know the one with that nice pool full of spring steel.

LMAO Beamer

Guest TerryK

Well I could have been spying on any number of guys and would have seen the same thing. lol

You talking about the picture with the fish carpet?

Guest Munshaw

I had my waders in the tub yesterday giving them a wash and re-waterproofing them. I hear ya loud and clear! :rolleyes:

Guest Wes

I have been sick since Friday so I have nothing but time to sit and think about it. I tied up a bunch of flies, put on the sinktip line, tied up a bunch of float rigs. I haven't ripped apart the vest yet. I'll save that for a few weeks.

Not one show on WFN with steel. dammit!

Guest Beamer
Well I could have been spying on any number of guys and would have seen the same thing. lol

You talking about the picture with the fish carpet?

Here is my inspiration photo Terry, Think spring man think spring

Dreampool.jpg

Beamer

Guest flyinfinn

what a cool sight. would those fish be catchable or would they spook as soon as you hooked one.

Guest TerryK
what a cool sight. would those fish be catchable or would they spook as soon as you hooked one.

They'd pretty much scatter a soon as your float made a splash. lol Steel in clear water are ultra-spooky.

Guest Beamer
They'd pretty much scatter a soon as your float made a splash. lol Steel in clear water are ultra-spooky.

small clear float, light (3lb) leader and small stones size 12, took quite a few out of that bunch before they got too spooked. The photo only shows about half the fish in this pool. I casted ahead well upstream and let it drift into them, they were very selective and I actually watched each fish inhale the fly with very light takes.

Think spring

Beamer

Guest 700 mountain

Head South gentlemen! That's what I'd do if I wasn't buried in exams and reports. But they'll be here soon enough. Happy Easter everyone, and have a good weekend.

salmonider

Oh come on guys, yes this long winter sucks, but there is still plenty to do... Atikokan area lakers, late ice wallys, steel and trout in the big lake(I caught a nice king out there yesterday!), and if you do some cruising around there IS open water on several area rivers with fall steel in them! Seriously, there is! Spring is a long ways off, its just the way it is.

Practice CPS, catch , photo, stringer.

ok, calm down I'm kidding!