• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest shooter

Unbelievable lung shot.

Guest shooter

While out hunting last winter we were doing a push through a spruce swamp and ended up pushing out a real nice bull. I was the lucky one who got to take the 48" bull with 1 shot through the lungs. My bullet did not come out the other side of the moose. This is the part that amazed our hunting party. I shot the bull at 125 yards on the run, the bull did not leave any blood in the snow until 100 yards from where I shot him. NOT ONE DROP!

Now how many hunters do you hear about that take a shot at a moose or deer and look for a while and don't find any blood and move on. Too many.

Bear

Ideally the bullet should not go through the animal, you should find the lead portion under the skin, on the far side of the animal. You can buy different shells that will do this. And yes it can take some time for blood to show, I have experienced this, it takes some tracking and patience, but there will eventually be a blood trail.

I have also shot and had the bullet go straight through, but the lighter loads are lethal but do not always go entirely through.

Bear

Guest Big Moose

The last years deer I shot with a 12ga.slug from 15 yards away there was no missing that blood trail.Looked like a violent crime scene.

Thefishleclair

I dont generally look for blood where I shot the animal I look for hair thats a definate sign of a hit and there always is some if you hit them....

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Bear

The last years deer I shot with a 12ga.slug from 15 yards away there was no missing that blood trail.Looked like a violent crime scene.

I shot a moose out in Alberta about three years ago with my .338. It was a cold, quiet morning. The poor thing didnt get to take a step, but he had dual exhaust. He had stem coming out both sides of his ribcage. Kind of cool to see. No need for a blood trail he dropped in his tracks.

Bear

Guest Big Moose

I shot a moose out in Alberta about three years ago with my .338. It was a cold, quiet morning. The poor thing didnt get to take a step, but he had dual exhaust. He had stem coming out both sides of his ribcage. Kind of cool to see. No need for a blood trail he dropped in his tracks.

Bear

Those are the ones we like alot less work thst way lol