• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

T.B.F. Member of the month!

Some Old Guy

Only one nomination per nominator please.

Base your nomination on contribution to the board and fishing community events. The nominee can be from anywhere and must be a T.B.F. board member.

The nominees will be placed in a poll and everyone can vote on them for member of the month!.

I'll start

My nomination for T.B.F. member of the month is Gone8to1248

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Gone8to1248

I would like to nominate GC54 (George Clark) who has given so much time and energy to the board and to the AYA for raising money so that a lot of kids will have the day of thier life fishing with the PRO's from up there in Ontario. So many will gain from his selfless work.

Gone8to1248

Bernie

Guest canuck

If I could I would like to second Bernies nomination of Mr. Clark...he is doing excellent work.

Shane

Guest Wes

There are so many individules that I would like to nominate for this but 1 person stands out.

I would like to nominate Beamer. I don't know anyone else who would give up possibly better fishing on other tribs to devote the majority of the spring steelhead run to one local river in order to collect valueable data to better the fishery.

Wait a minute. terryK has done the same thing, but he laughs at me too much.. hahaha now who's laughing.. MUHAHAHAHAHA!

more honourable mentions would be...

Roger for his continued efforts on this site and patience while I work on new designs.

George Clark for his efforts for the AYA

I know I am missing a bunch more, sorry

DJL66

I would have to nominate Roger. Without his efforts to keep this board running we would not be here today. Keep up the great work. This is tough as I think GC54 and gone8to1248 are excellent contributors to our local fishing scene aswell. If I could I would like to nominste them also (in no particular order). Thanks guys your hard work does not go unnoticed.

So looks like I can only nominate one individual so I guess it'll be Roger this month.

Kayaker

We can only pick one eh!!! lets see there are many to choose from... Thanks to Bernie, we all got together to raise money for this site--Thanks to George and his hard work we got to raise money for a good cause AYA-- Thanks to Roger we have this site-- I'm sure theres more but if not for Roger in putting this site together we might not have known the rest, My nomination goes to Roger for the great job and hard work he has put into this site. But equal thanx to all.

Master Baiter

Well after reading a certain post I have to nominate Wampa for help out a young guy with a fly rod! The only word I can think of to describe what u did is awesome!

Hope ya catch a whopper with that Drew! Good Luck.....and if ya need some help learning to cast, checkout the local fly fishing club , cause if they can teach me how to cast they can teach anyone how to cast lol

They have casting clinics in the College bubble in the winter and tying clinics at L.U. as well

Mike

If your not a Master Baiter, you'll never pull the big one!!

th_logo_teamnosa.jpg th_NSSAlogo.gif

gone fishin'

I nominate TerryK. He has made many contributions to the pretty much all of the threads on this board, and has shared his knowledge with a lot of board members.

Guest Drew

I'd like to nominate Wampa for helping me get started with fly fishing. Thanks!. :)

Gone8to1248

I would like to say at this time I appreciate Rogers nomination as member of the month but I must decline it at his time. I do what I do because of my love for the sport of fishing and to help keep this site going and growing. At the beginning of the year we were all afraid that we might loose the site and WE ALL banded together to raise the money for Roger to keep it going, that was only step #1. Now at step #2 we are bringing in a lot of new members, if my math is right we have picked up about 130-150 new members since the first of the year and everyday it seems we are gainning more and more members.

There are many members on here that could be nominated for many reasons, such as the TBF Wardens who monitor the board daily to keep unwanted stuff off the board. To the many members who post very helpful information about water conditions and fishing stories that lets the rest of us know what is happenning around the area. New issues that protect the inviroment and changes in regulations are posted here by different members to keep us all aware and updated on what is going on. Members running contest to help the new kids to the sport to get off on a good start. The writers like Eyelander,Kayaker,Wes,Terry,Beamer and many more that bring us entertaining stories and reports. We have many members that bring humor to the board for the rest of us to enjoy. The list can go on and on, even when terry and grumpy are bickering it's enteraining and if you ever notice it ussually gets some good information flowing when it starts to go off course as some say. Many threads bring out the pros and cons of many subjects that really makes us all stop to think about things we take for granted. Anything from where to get rid of your fish guts to how use a potty in the bush. One thing I have learnned about some of the members on the board is that thier Bark is a hell of a lot worse than thier Bite! Whe young Drew asked for help just look how many people startting with Wampa has stepped up and offered this young man help in many areas. Now THAT is the essence of what this site is all about to me. Even though I nominated George Clark , I think he will understand along with Roger and some of you when I say that the nomination of WAMPA should be passed and awarded to him. As they say"He Is The MAN!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and be seeing you out there on the water!

Bernie

gone8to1248

GC 54

Bernie, I strongly second that nomination.

I move that the nominations be closed.............do we have a seconder?

And as much as I appreciate the kind hearted words for my efforts and the nomination, I only do what I do for two reasons: one is because it is very gratifying to me, and the other is similar to Bernie, because we can.

If there is anyone who is still looking for a young angler to be part of their team in the Angler Young Angler tournament, I know a member of this board, his name is Drew, who would probably make a fine partner.

Congratulations WAMPA! You are what this board is about.

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

wicabel246

I'll second that George, what you and Bernie said goes double for me. Hear hear Wampa you have my vote as well

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I nominate Wampa as well. The generousity I have observed is amazing. Starting out a young one with a fly rod will bring memories that will last him a life time. You've really changed a life for the better, and I as well as Im sure Drew thank you. Keep up the amazing job

Guest adams

We have many members that bring humor to the board for the rest of us to enjoy.

Good point, which reminds me, where has Big Moose been? I haven't read any of his entertaining posts for some time now. Did I miss something? Sorry if this is a little off topic but it just popped in my head.

NWO Fishing Bum

Guys,

You don't need to renominate a nomination. Once they're nominated they're on the ballot/in the poll. And in that poll, we will all cast our vote....or am I missing something?

NWO Fishing Bum

Guest TerryK
Guys,

You don't need to renominate a nomination. Once they're nominated they're on the ballot/in the poll. And in that poll, we will all cast our vote....or am I missing something?

NWO Fishing Bum

Correct.

Some Old Guy

Ok Nominations Closed.

R.T.R. Respect the resource!