• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest headboss

Beardmore to Jellicoe to Geraldton

Guest Smack Um

I have not been in this area since the early 1980's and we ended up buying a camp in the Armstrong Area but the fishing is just as spectacular.

I fished Esnagami Lake with the then Husqvarna dealer Alphonse on his house boat in 1979 for walleye he was quite the character.

During the early 1980's I fished with Gordon Richards the one time owner of the Skidoo dealership in Auden during the 1960's on Frank and Toronto Lake for walleye and Weewullee Lake for specks.

After wards wards a few trips to Onaman Lake from Jellicoe for walleye, Wildgoose Lake Geraldton and a little fishing on Cordingley Lake in Nakina where my cousin caught a bass and lost a pike the size of which I have only seen twice in my lifetime.

The Pike which we thought was a log rose from the depths of the lake the cheap spincast hollow fiberglass rod and spincast reel had the drag set as high as we dared to as we atempted to lift the log and made a sound like ting..ting...ting.

When the log apeared from the deep it was a pike with a head on it like a shovel we figured it to be about 6ft long we had about 2 seconds to gaze at it and it at us before it lauched back into the lake like a rocket.

We just sat there for a while and looked at each other as if to say did you see what I just saw...and the air was still full of fiberglass powder and fiberglass fluff drifting in the breeze. :lol:

Patrick

maak
I have not been in this area since the early 1980's and we ended up buying a camp in the Armstrong Area but the fishing is just as spectacular.

I fished Esnagami Lake with the then Husqvarna dealer Alphonse on his house boat in 1979 for walleye he was quite the character.

During the early 1980's I fished with Gordon Richards the one time owner of the Skidoo dealership in Auden during the 1960's on Frank and Toronto Lake for walleye and Weewullee Lake for specks.

After wards wards a few trips to Onaman Lake from Jellicoe for walleye, Wildgoose Lake Geraldton and a little fishing on Cordingley Lake in Nakina where my cousin caught a bass and lost a pike the size of which I have only seen twice in my lifetime.

The Pike which we thought was a log rose from the depths of the lake the cheap spincast hollow fiberglass rod and spincast reel had the drag set as high as we dared to as we atempted to lift the log and made a sound like ting..ting...ting.

When the log apeared from the deep it was a pike with a head on it like a shovel we figured it to be about 6ft long we had about 2 seconds to gaze at it and it at us before it lauched back into the lake like a rocket.

We just sat there for a while and looked at each other as if to say did you see what I just saw...and the air was still full of fiberglass powder and fiberglass fluff drifting in the breeze. :lol:

Patrick

Patrick, those stories are the reason we continue to enjoy the Great Northwestern Ontario lakes & rivers... It must have been quite the trip... I can well imagine the thoughts going through your head, when you actually saw the "monster" come up from the depths.....

maak