• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
crisop

look what a guy got at work

crisop

all i know is he got it sunday morning around thunder bay and it's got 18 points over 1 inch and another 6 just under. His face is blurred because he doesn't want it shown

the deer rack scored 191, incase anyoen is wondering

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Davis Viehbeck

Where's the tag?

all i know is he got it sunday morning around thunder bay and it's got 18 points over 1 inch and another 6 just under. His face is blurred because he doesn't want it shown

the deer rack scored 191, incase anyoen is wondering

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Guest Damn!

I have seen that deer!

Really nice one. Nice score too. As for the tag comment. I'm sure it was eventually tagged. When you walk up on a trophy deer excitement takes over and the camera comes out for the pictures. We all get excited. If you ever shoot a trophy like that I'm sure the tag would eventually get on the deer but not right away. There would be a high five or two before the tag went on and I bet even pictures would be taken first. Don't let the tag comment get you down.

Some Old Guy

Yes very nice rack!!!!!

But why the red face? Just kidding.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Smokey

Nice looking buck. Davis as for the tag you don't have to tag it till your going to move it and he hasn't even field dressed it yet. So lots of tag for him to get it on and my opinon is that nothing looks worse in a picture on a trophy then the huge tag in plain view.

Thanks for the pic.

Davis Viehbeck

The tag must be applied to either the antler or the ear immediately after the kill and at the kill site (for deer in Ontario). As well you must notch out the month, date, and time of the kill on the game seal. That means prior to transportation or dressing it.

-DV

Nice looking buck. Davis as for the tag you don't have to tag it till your going to move it and he hasn't even field dressed it yet. So lots of tag for him to get it on and my opinon is that nothing looks worse in a picture on a trophy then the huge tag in plain view.

Thanks for the pic.

Guest cribby

The tag must be applied to either the antler or the ear immediately after the kill and at the kill site (for deer in Ontario). As well you must notch out the month, date, and time of the kill on the game seal. That means prior to transportation or dressing it.

-DV

I think that is a wrong, Because of the fact myself have lost tags while draging game to the truck. I then spent up to an hour looking for the tag in the dark, And still not recovering it. The law must have some leway in this situation. Once on the truck you know the tag can't be lost and the transporting begins from one area to another.

I am curious to here other responces on this.

Guest merc

Ok since you ask.........I've seen lots of deer dragged thru rough terrain with the tag thru the ear or around an antler---all survived the trip.

I think the MNR must use crazy glue or something.

Now back when dinosaurs roamed the earth we used to use those wire clips and tags would go on them. I could see those coming off...maybe that's why the change.

My personal opinion--if you take 30 seconds to photo your deer as soon as you come upon it and then tag it straight after---the CO would really have to be havin a bad day to give you grief for that.

Law does state immediately though.

Merc

Guest Guest

I think that is a wrong, Because of the fact myself have lost tags while draging game to the truck. I then spent up to an hour looking for the tag in the dark, And still not recovering it. The law must have some leway in this situation. Once on the truck you know the tag can't be lost and the transporting begins from one area to another.

I am curious to here other responces on this.

The tag HAS to be on the deer when you drag it!

You cannot drag it to the truck without a tag.

That means you have to be CAREFUL. You have to always check that the tag does not get torn off...which can happern easily if you are not alert. Some people put some clear packing tape around the tag, that will keep it on, but I for one do not carry packing tape hunting. So I just have to WATCH that the tag is not torn off.

Put the tag on the deer right away.... first thing.

Guest Patch

Cribby,

Davis is right. The tag must be put on the deer/moose immediately at the kill site. That's the letter of the law. I'd agree that if you wanted to snap a couple quick pix at the kill site before putting the tag on you'd probably be alright (how many times have you bagged an animal with a CO standing beside you?) but if you start moving that animal without a tag, you're definitely breaking the law.

Guest Beamer

Cribby,

Davis is right. The tag must be put on the deer/moose immediately at the kill site. That's the letter of the law. I'd agree that if you wanted to snap a couple quick pix at the kill site before putting the tag on you'd probably be alright (how many times have you bagged an animal with a CO standing beside you?) but if you start moving that animal without a tag, you're definitely breaking the law.

Beautiful deer,as for the C/O being close see the attached photo.C/O watched me shoot the moose(my first) then he stayed back and watched to see if I tagged it.Great guy even took a picture for us and got in on this photo.Moose is tagged by the way,Davis is 100 percent right they have to be tagged before moving gutting etc.Its the Hunters responsibility to ensure the tag is secure and remains on the animal while it is being moved,tape plastic and tie wraps work great

IPB Image

Cheech

I'm with Davis and Beamer also. The tag must be attached at the kill site immediately and by only the tag holder. At a few moose seminars where the MNR were talking about common infractions,( that was one of them) they sometimes use a slide show. The slide they use to stress the immediate attachment of the tag, is a picture of a hunter ( cartoon character) running full speed with his tag in hand and he's in front of his bullet. You are responsible for the tag staying attached. We always place a ziplock bag around the tag and then wrap it around the leg with duct-tape.

Guest Norwester

Do you still need to tag it if it was hit by a truck???

Correct me if I'm wrong but this guy was killed on Lakeshore Drive with a vehicle.

Sorry to bust you on this but huntin' mature whitetails like this isn't easy... and taking false credit with a "Hero Shot" doesn't make me laugh. <_<

Some Old Guy

Ahhh so is that what it means got at work???

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest TerryK

Do you still need to tag it if it was hit by a truck???

Correct me if I'm wrong but this guy was killed on Lakeshore Drive with a vehicle.

Sorry to bust you on this but huntin' mature whitetails like this isn't easy... and taking false credit with a "Hero Shot" doesn't make me laugh. <_<

NOW we have a discussion! lol btw, I still can't see the picture.

Guest Big Moose

I can't believe I missed this post but it doesn't look like a bad buck to me and if it was a road kill you should be ashamed to make it look like a huntin photo anyone can "accidentally hit a deer with a vehicle"thats just sad dude you suck.

Guest shooter

Easy big moose, originally when this deer was hit, the guy who hit this deer took photos of it to send to his friends as a joke, the "hunting poses" were sent only to ease the pain of wrecking his truck. The deer was a beauty though, and it's a shame that it didn't die by an arrow or bullet. It just shows that booners do grow around thunder bay.

Guest Big Moose

I know they grow around here I've seen them for years around here plenty of deer 12-19 points,But don't say it to loudly though lots of em out in mystery township over by hidden creek just down from secret lake. :lol::lol: