• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gone8to1248

Windy Day Today 92 MPH!

Gone8to1248

Storms rolled thru here this mornning (monday) at 7:05am. The winds clocked out at 92MPH. My yard now looks like ground zero on 9-11! Ripped 15 trees right out of the ground roots and all on both sides of my house. Luckly house wasn't hit. Power was out until 11:45pm and I went into the woods to find the guy from the power company after he fell and broke his flashlight and couldn't find his way out! Even took him to the pole and showed him the fuse that had gotten blow out. One family up the road was sitting in thier mobil home when the roof disappeared and landed on his nieghbors trailer! This whole area has been a mess today many towns without power and trees down all over the place. One guy in town heats his house with a wood burnning stove and stopped and offered to cut up the trees and haul them away if I would give him the wood. What could I say except hell yes! Saves me the cost of having it done.

gone8to1248

P.S. some of these trees were 3 foot accross. Giant red and white oak trees.

eyelander

Glad to hear you are OK Bernie, and that your house did not suffer any damage. That must have been unsettling to go through. Too bad about those oaks, they must have been really old trees.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Some Old Guy

Wow!

3 foot oaks! Those are sturdy trees to boot! They'll make good heating wood.

Glad to hear you are ok. Hopefully there's no damage to the house, Bernie. I know you have been working on it. I complained of our 70 km/hr winds we had not to long ago. I couldn't imagine winds that strong here.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!