• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

grumpy

Are your guns registered?

Registered Guns?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Are your guns registered?

• Yes
    • No, but I plan to hunt anyways
    • No, I will not hunt.

grumpy

Most of us had to take a hunters safety course to allow us to hunt. This privilege has been taken away from us because you now need a PAL or POL and a registered Gun. A huge waste of time and money as the program will be dismantled. What do you plan to do this season?

tracker

My guns are registered, I have a current PAL and I will be hunting. We all know the arguments around this subject but I would not put my fate in the hands of a judge if I was charged with any of these infractions. My luck he would be an anti gun advocate and I would end up being the example. I do believe that if you are caught by a CO making an hunting offense, he can than ask to see the registration for the weapon.

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

RLK
My guns are registered, I have a current PAL and I will be hunting. We all know the arguments around this subject but I would not put my fate in the hands of a judge if I was charged with any of these infractions. My luck he would be an anti gun advocate and I would end up being the example. I do believe that if you are caught by a CO making an hunting offense, he can than ask to see the registration for the weapon.

Was stopped by the OPP last year on my way home from sighting in my rifle and i had to show them my registration for the rifle. I had it with me but wasn't aware that i had to carry it. It was about noon on a Tuesday on the Spruce River Road and they told me it was a ride check. Yea right.

grumpy

quote from RCMP web site

A.1) There is currently an amnesty in force to help ensure that non-restricted firearm owners who take steps to comply with the Firearms Act by obtaining a licence and/or a registration certificate, will not be criminally prosecuted for the related offences outlined in the Criminal Code. The amnesty is now extended until May 16, 2009.

tracker

"who take steps to comply". What does these mean? You get caught, you get charged, you get the applications and apply, than they drop the charges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just at noon on the radio a person in Thunder Bay was reported discharging a shotgun from his vehicle in Neebing. He was charged for this offence and also for not having his firearms registered. How does amnesty work for people who break the law?????????

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

Guest McLean

Hi guys, just thought id add my two cents about the gun registry, along with the PAL-POL situation.

I personally don't believe in any of it , its just a big cash grab for the government . On the other hand , I have recently re-taken the Hunter safety along with the PAL test . because id rather be safe that sorry , but the rifles and shotgun i do own are not registered nor do i intend to register them. So to be completely legal this hunting season , and future seasons , I borrow a registered shotgun for my bird hunting , and a registered rifle for my big game hunting.

My personal belief is that as long as you provide proof that you are using your firearms for hunting purposes, ( such as your game seals ) sport or sustenance. You should be allowed to use your firearms without them being registered.

As for the PAL-POL topic , i wont say I'm completely against it , I do believe that anyone using firearms should prove a basic knowledge of those firearms.

Along with the proper safe use. But as for buying ammunition for firearms already owned I do believe that you shouldn't need to provide a PAL - POL to purchase ammunition.

But there are other options to having to buy ammunition, such as building your own. A PAL-POL isn't required to purchase the tools , powder , casings , primers or bullets. There are also other advantages to building your own bullets, like creating the optimum load , as well as which grain bullet performs best in your rifle , or with your desired load.

Another option is to avoid the whole messy situation all together. Of course I'm talking about Bow hunting. There are allot of advantages to bow hunting, you cont need a PAL to buy one , they don't have to be registered , seasons start sooner etc etc

Anyway , I'm kind of all over the place here , but there are ways around the whole situation, just remember its better to be safe , than sorry.

Pete

Barrski

I have 8 guns registered but I don't always carry the registration, thanks for the reminder

barrski

Guest deerhunting101

The Act states nothing about having to carry let alone produce the certificate. As long as you carry your PAL which authorizes an individual to carry and borrow firearms in Canada that is all you need to carry. The PAL # can be searched by the officer which will show them the type of firearms you have and their registration numbers. If the firearm in your possession is not registered to you then you require the firearms cerfificate of registration. If anyone can prove this wrong I would love to see the legislation.

Guest graeme

I would like to say that if my guns were not registered I wouldn’t have a problem hunting with them. I started hunting after the abortion of the registry started and all my guns are registered.

Guest Patch

I'm trying to help straighten out the confusion about having to carry your registration certificate and producing it for a peace officer when requested to do so. I've copied the following right out of the Criminal Code, as you'll see you must produce it. If you don't have it, the firearm can be seized and you'd have 14 days to produce it in order to get your firearm back. Hope this helps.

Seizure on failure to produce authorization

117.03 (1) Notwithstanding section 117.02, a peace officer who finds

(a) a person in possession of a firearm who fails, on demand, to produce, for inspection by the peace officer, an authorization or a licence under which the person may lawfully possess the firearm and a registration certificate for the firearm, or

(b ) a person in possession of a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device or any prohibited ammunition who fails, on demand, to produce, for inspection by the peace officer, an authorization or a licence under which the person may lawfully possess it,

may seize the firearm, prohibited weapon, restricted weapon, prohibited device or prohibited ammunition unless its possession by the person in the circumstances in which it is found is authorized by any provision of this Part, or the person is under the direct and immediate supervision of another person who may lawfully possess it.

Return of seized thing on production of authorization

(2) Where a person from whom any thing is seized pursuant to subsection (1) claims the thing within fourteen days after the seizure and produces for inspection by the peace officer by whom it was seized, or any other peace officer having custody of it,

(a) an authorization or a licence under which the person is lawfully entitled to possess it, and

(b ) in the case of a firearm, a registration certificate for the firearm,

the thing shall forthwith be returned to that person.