• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

How did you do?

Some Old Guy

Just wondering how everyone did this long weekend of opener?

I stayed home.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Buck 120

I went out Saturday with the kids. Went down the Glenwater road, saw sign, no Moose. Heard a couple of Bull grunts in the distance. Went down the

Devon road, then came back out and made the loop to HWY 61. No Moose or deer that we saw. Just a day trip.

Will have to see what next weekend brings.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

fishman1
I went out Saturday with the kids. Went down the Glenwater road, saw sign, no Moose. Heard a couple of Bull grunts in the distance. Went down the

Devon road, then came back out and made the loop to HWY 61. No Moose or deer that we saw. Just a day trip.

Will have to see what next weekend brings.

you heard someone else calling.

fishman1
Just wondering how everyone did this long weekend of opener?

I stayed home.

Roger

i stayed home too roger, i guess us hippies think alike.

randomheroj

went out saturday morning got dropped off in my cut about 8am saw fresh sign called and then heard some movement then 40 feet away saw a 2.5 year old bull got him with one shot dropped got him at 830, he tastes really good, going out thursday to get my deer

Some Old Guy

Hey right on randomheroj!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Bear

Saw three does this morning, about a 75 yard shot, only thing my neighbours are down for the weekend and I did not want to drop one on their septic field.

Lots of time left. Area 7B had like 1600 extra doe tags, must be a few deer out there. I will do my best to reduce the herd.

Bear

Guest flyinfinn

took my 10 year old son on his first moose hunt with the boys. he got to see the old man drill a nice three and half year old bull with one shot. I have some great pictures, but still do not know how to post them.

tracker

Our party got a cow on the saturday opener and a bull yesterday morning. I'll post some pics in the next day or two. Now it's back to some more walleye fishing.

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

Guest Tracker Pro V

Took my 9 year old son and we saw various sign and he even found a shed in the morning. We saw a bull?? (could not see any horns) or a big cow a long way away just before dark, so......... no moose yet but it was great to be out together.

Cheech

First time in 26yrs I've stayed home. With a torn tendon in my right shoulder I don't think my .300 mag would help the healing process.

Guest firebird

I shot a young bull Saturday morning around 8:30, the rest of the weekend was really slow cause of the weather. We still have a cow tag to fill.

Guest deerhunting101

We were hunting up in 15B and didn't see a thing. I certain they were down in the swamps due to the warm weather. There tracks seemed to be following the water. All we saw were 9 bears and wolves. I'm thinking they need to start giving out bear tags with the deer and moose tags or there won't be any moose left. I have a cool video of the wolves howling. We called to them and later a lone wolf came out right onto the trail and then skirted back into the bush.

Snowball

deerhunting 101 said:

I have a cool video of the wolves howling.

Care to share it with the board.

Thanks!

Regards,

Snowball

Buck 120

That would be a cool video to see.

Buck 120

Nice. Locally?

Guest wesm
here is one my buddy shot enjoy

I see he brought his gas powered knife as well. Hahahaha.

Great shot. Thanks for sharing.

Guest fish_on
I see he brought his gas powered knife as well. Hahahaha.

Great shot. Thanks for sharing.

What do you you mean brought a gas powered knife...thats how he killed it :D

Chainsaw season opens at the same time bow season does, but its a lot trickier!

Guest stumped

My husband and I went out for opening weekend for deer in area 13. Didn't see anything. Saw a few tracks but you can't eat tracks.

Dean

Went out opening weekend for 9 days, up 527 in 15b. We saw nothing. We got nothing. Fresh tracks most mornings but nothing haninging around, just seemed they were passing through. Did lots of calling with no response. Talk about frustrating. Gonna try again this weekend, day trip, go a little further north this time. Maybe the moose are moving north because of the deer?? Heard that rumor a bit.

Dean

Barrski

Had a bull tag for 15b, set up hunt camp at the back end of Fenson Rd couple weeks earlier lots of sign. Seen nice bull Friday before season and on Saturaday morning there was aboout 60 hunters out of 8 hunt camps hunting a 20km cut over. Everywhere you went or looked you would seen orange either on the road or within 100yds of the road. Some guys got fustrated and started pulling out so it settled down a little. Managed to travel and get into another less traveled area in heavier bush and watched a nice cow for about 30 mins which kind of made up for the week. Down to day hunting now on weekends. Good thing was nobody got excited or confrontational the whole week.

Question; any Walleye in Aerys Lake? Might have spelled it wrong but it is at the back end of the Fenson cuts. Looks like the lake was barricaded off with bolders to keep people out for some reason.

No regrets barrski