• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

wampa

Victory

wampa

Yay! The Election's over and we can all get back to our lives. Conservative victory again! Unfortunatley, NDP won in Thunder Bay, dooming us to another 4 years on the back bench without a voice for the north in Ottawa. Some people just can't seem to figure this out.

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

Guest deerhunting101

Good old Thunder Bay will never learn. I guess all the mills in town will have to close before they figure out the NDP will never be able to do anything for them when they are not the goverment or at least the official opposition. If they wound have voted Conservative then maybe the Goverment would have sent some programs and funds to keep the seats. but why would they now. Oh well they will never learn.

NWO Fishing Bum

If everybody was a simple populist and voted with whoever was going to win, nothing would ever change. Good on Thunder Bay for sending voices to Ottawa that actually represent the people of Thunder Bay at this time. There was absolutely no way Thunder Bay was going to elect a conservative, nor should they support a party not representative of the values of Thunder Bay just because they are the governing party.

NWO Fishing Bum

Guest BannedCore

The Conservatives have been the best government that I have seen in a long time. One of the first things they did when Harper became P.M was extend benefits to all hepititis c victims and I was impressed. They want to scrap the long gun registry. They cut the GST. They gave us parents the universal child care benefit. They did income splitting for older Canadians. They are claiming our sovernty in the Artic. They are tough on crime. And they are good with the economy. What more do the people in Thunder Bay want from a government???????? 37 NDP elected in all of Canada and T.Bay put in 2 of them. NDP is a 4th place party who wants to wreck the economy and ban guns. Way to go Thunder Bay, you left us with a whimper in parliment. At least Kenora figured it out.

Buck 120

"They want to scrap the long gun registry"

I don't know about you hardcare but "Want" is not an action and as far as I am concerned, they have not acted on getting RID of the long gun registry.

The thing that gets me about the Conservative Government is the actions they show to everyday Canadians such as "They cut the GST. They gave us parents the universal child care benefit. They did income splitting for older Canadians. They are claiming our sovernty in the Artic. They are tough on crime. And they are good with the economy" is nothing compared to the billions of dollars of tax savings and hand outs for big business they have handed out over the years.

As far as I am concerned it was voting for the less of all of the evils. LOL

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

seppi

Unfortunately,with a Minority gov.. we in the North will never be heard,no matter what party is in office....still swinging a small bat while trying to play in the big leagues !!!!! You have no clout in parliment unless you get the internal vote your way !!!

fishman1
The Conservatives have been the best government that I have seen in a long time. One of the first things they did when Harper became P.M was extend benefits to all hepititis c victims and I was impressed. They want to scrap the long gun registry. They cut the GST. They gave us parents the universal child care benefit. They did income splitting for older Canadians. They are claiming our sovernty in the Artic. They are tough on crime. And they are good with the economy. What more do the people in Thunder Bay want from a government???????? 37 NDP elected in all of Canada and T.Bay put in 2 of them. NDP is a 4th place party who wants to wreck the economy and ban guns. Way to go Thunder Bay, you left us with a whimper in parliment. At least Kenora figured it out.

yeah hardcore, the good old conservaties. lyon brian mullroney sold this country down the tubes with the free trade agreement, screwed us on the air bus scandal, and then held the us presidents hand and sang along with him, {when irish eyes are shining}. yeah the good old conservatives. my rear end is still sore from the mulroney era. maybe harper will at least have the balls to use vasaline when he cornholes me.

fishman1

and they reversed there decision on income trusts which cost many canadians huge dollars. and maybe im mistaken and correct me if im wrong but wasnt it the conservatives who brought in the gst. and done squat when every mill in nwo shut down. yeah way to go hard core

Guest BannedCore
and they reversed there decision on income trusts which cost many canadians huge dollars. and maybe im mistaken and correct me if im wrong but wasnt it the conservatives who brought in the gst. and done squat when every mill in nwo shut down. yeah way to go hard core

Just look at the results of the election. They almost had a majority government. I know that my vote counted regardless of the local outcome. And to eveybody who voted way to go!!!!!!! It was sad to see so many not vote.

Buck 120

I have to agree with you there. I believe we have an obligation to vote. People take it for granted, all you have to do is watch the workd politics to see people that do not even have the right. It should be law.

NWO Fishing Bum

I too believe we should have a law that eligible voters have to vote, as is the case already in some western democracies.

NWO Fishing Bum

Guest deerhunting101

The Conservatives would have had a Majority except for the Bloc who don't even want to be a part of Canada. What does this tell you. It tells me still that the Majority of True Canadians believe in the Conservative party. In my mind they got their Majority. Get rid of the Bloc and get this country moving in a possitive direction.

Buck 120

I would not consider a voter turnout under 60% as the majority of Canadians, I would say the majority of those who happened to vote! LOL

Buck 120

To people who complain about the government, I say if they did not vote, they have no right to complain.

Some Old Guy

That's pretty much the only reason I voted. I now have the right to complain!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest Kevin Carlson

Yay, way to go Harper.

Way to call an election when one wasn't scheduled... costing taxpayers untold millions of dollars to change... what? Switch a couple seats in certain ridings, to once again have your minority government?

Dion is about to be toppled (and rightfully so). I think this is the closest that the PCs will ever come to a majority. I for one am not interested in having a Bush lackey in the PM's office, so the sooner he's out... the better.